GH's Third Live DVD - Recorded in Chattanooga, TN

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

GH Podcast Interview Questions

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Hey,
I think Fred and I will interview each other (I haven't told him yet). If you have any questions about the Tivoli or Culture of Ascent - ask now or forever hold your peace.

Steve 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: GH Podcast Interview Questions

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:51 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:Hey,
I think Fred and I will interview each other (I haven't told him yet). If you have any questions about the Tivoli or Culture of Ascent - ask now or forever hold your peace.

Steve 8)
Okay - don't everyone jump in at once!
:(
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

rufusboy

Post by rufusboy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:19 am

Tivoli:
Do you consider this your best concert? If so, why?

CoA:
What tracks would you like to perform live given the chance? (aside from SSotS)

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 am

What direction do you see Glass Hammer taking musically in the future?

Will you continue to move to a more guitar driven sound, or will keyboards still play an important role in future composition?

What is the most meaningful moment as a band, together, you've experienced?

What is the most far-away place you know you have a fan, or someone purchased a CD?

For Steve: how has your hand and wrist been? It's incredible that it healed enough for you to play again, let alone continue doing what you do!

Were there any suprising ways of getting people to know your music besides the Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth connection?

What would it take to get some of your music on Rock Band, etc? =p (just kidding!)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:19 am

I became a Hammerhead because of your wonderful music. I tend to ignore lyrics because most of them are terrible these days. But Glass Hammer lyrics are always thoughtful--even profound. I would like to hear a little about how the muse works in this process.

Of course, anyone who writes about Domain Walls in the Big Bang has my attention. Especially profound (perhaps more than we can know):

Love
Is stronger than you see - stronger than entropy

I would like to hear about the working of the muse that mixes physics with love!
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

widowspeak
Amateur
Amateur

Post by widowspeak » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 am

Since a lot of your fans missed Tivoli since it was weekday, I was wondering when we could expect another live performance. Belmont was 3 years ago. I'm sure the fans (especially the ones that missed Tivoli) are wondering the same thing. We need Hammer Live !!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:51 am

What are the gals up to? Do you talk to Susie or Flo much/ Is Susie still in Memphis? Has Susie ever considered a solo disc produced by you two of course! and we haven't heard from David in a while either!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Podcast is officially done - the last question didn't make it in, but it gets answered just the same :)
I'll get it posted asap!
Thanks all !!!
Steve

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: GH Podcast Interview Questions

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Steve - is this interview/podcast thingy still around somewhere? I don't think I ever got to hear it.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03