Its Here!!!

GH's Third Live DVD - Recorded in Chattanooga, TN

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Venividi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its Here!!!

Post by Venividi » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:11 am

I received my copy of the Tivoli DVD and have had a chance to listen to most of the songs just once. Steve was spot on in saying that this is the best mix yet. The video and sound are awesome. It does a great job of capturing the wonder that was the original event.

Highly recommended!

rufusboy

Post by rufusboy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:04 pm

I wasn't at the original event :( , but I have to agree. The mix is phenomenal. I had a chance to view the whole thing last night, and wow, the surround is wonderful. All of the tracks are incredible versions, vocally and instrumentally the musicians are all at the top of their game. I did detect one or two "clams," to be expected in a live performance, bravo for not overdubbing after the fact.

I love the current sound of the band - in addition to the core of Fred and Steve, having Matt, Carl, Shreddy, and the Adonias on board, as well as the vocalists, makes Glass Hammer seriously competitive with all the best symphonic prog I've loved for years.

Guys, in the podcast you talk about "stripping down" (ahem) for the next album and bringing keyboards back to the forefront. I would enjoy that greatly (and buy it!), but I have to say I would miss the ensemble sound you've developed. IMO, the keyboards aren't lost at all, they're still the lead, but boy do they blend nicely with the fantastic drumming, bass-ing, guitar-ing, and string-ing you have going. I'm not for stagnation but wow what a combination.

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:18 am

The DVD arrived yesterday and I watched the show last night , excellent show and the audio mix was top notch especially the creative use of the rear channels.
One of the first highlights of the show was the guitar pieces that now appear to have more of the mix share than previous.
The SSOTS ending was great .
I was wandering if the disc may have looked better if spanned across two discs rather than one , I experienced blocking on the video in certain shots , I realise that it would incur more cost to use two discs and that ultimately that probably dictated the way the final package looks.
For me there aren't many bands that I listen to these days but Glass Hammer CDs/DVDs get played on a regular basis and long may it continue.

p.s
It's a pity about Steve's Taurus pedals, for me they were all that were missing in this performance .

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:16 am

Look at the "video" thread...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Which "video" thread would that be :?

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Finally ordered it! Got the Rush snakes & arrows DVD this week, so thats 2 videos of shows we were at(the Rush has 4 songs from the Atlanta 2008 show as outtakes).
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:05 am

Moog Taurus wrote:Which "video" thread would that be :?
Whoops, it's in the In Concert section...

http://new.rumpza.com/ghfan/gh_forum/vi ... php?t=1799
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up , given all that happened the end result takes on a different meaning.
I think you did well to produce what you did and the sound more than compensates , drive failures don't help either.

Dave

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Got it yesterday!!!Brings back great memories! The mix is great-esp. on TKOTN & HCAG-the choirs ROCK!!!!! and so does the Adonai Trio! The video overall is not quite up to par with The Belmont show's, but the mix more than makes up for it. Cup of Trembling and Longer are AWESOME also!!!!!What an honor it was to be a part of this great event!!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:16 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Got it yesterday!!!Brings back great memories! The mix is great-esp. on TKOTN & HCAG-the choirs ROCK!!!!! and so does the Adonai Trio! The video overall is not quite up to par with The Belmont show's, but the mix more than makes up for it. Cup of Trembling and Longer are AWESOME also!!!!!What an honor it was to be a part of this great event!!!!!
You're even in the credits! Thanks for helping us at the show! :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:46 pm

I know!!!!!What do you think Glass Hammer band assistant will get me on my resume?HeHe!!!!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:I know!!!!!What do you think Glass Hammer band assistant will get me on my resume?HeHe!!!!
Hmm...well, probably not much. :oops:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:00 am

hi. just joined the forum ... finally!
the dvd rocks guys. the version of 'longer' is amazing!
thanks for the great music.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:06 am

shanocles wrote:hi. just joined the forum ... finally!
the dvd rocks guys. the version of 'longer' is amazing!
thanks for the great music.
Thanks much for joining! Hang out and get to know this odd crowd :)