New Album - Three Cheers for the Broken-Hearted

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

What do you think of the new album title?

Love it!
60%
Like it!
30%
Ehh...
10%
What were they thinking?!
No votes

Total votes: 10

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

New Album - Three Cheers for the Broken-Hearted

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:36 pm

If any of you happen to be following GH on their Facebook page, they just announced the title of their new album to be called:

:idea: Three Cheers for the Broken-Hearted :idea:

A very bold choice, I think - and fitting with what we know so far about it, and the songs they have played from it thus far.

Steve, Fred - some comments about how you picked the title, please?

:D
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:07 pm

It's taken directly from one of the song lyrics and it's definitely relevant to the theme of the album. Which isn't a concept album but it does have a thread.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:21 am

Love it guys! Exactly what I need!!!! A very different and upbeat title for a prog disc for sure!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:24 am

"Come on, come on, come on
It’s time to get things started
Time to see the show
Three cheers for the broken-hearted

Come on, come on
There’s room to squeeze you in
We cue the lights in 10
See, the actor’s on the stage
He plays the fool, he plays the sage
He’s one mighty talented fellow"
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:08 am

GH has a facebook page?
you guys have a new album? cool. i wasn't sure if it was finished yet.
saw the new songs performed on those youtube links and sounds a bit heavier. does that have anything to do with a fulltime guitarist who can totally shred it up contributing a bit more to the writing process. or am i just hearing things...

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Not a concept album? Darn, though I guess that doesn't mean anything since I absolutely love Shadowlands, which CLEARLY wasn't a concept album. Anyway, I love the title, though if your album title was My Little Buttercup I probably still would have loved it, just since it's had the touch of Glass Hammer to perfect it. I can't wait to hear it! When's your estimated release date?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Who's gonna do the artwork!?

Can we get a example of the artist if it's already chosen?

I voted in "I Like it" mostly for the curiosity about the title and the thread of the album. But can't wait anyway!
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:07 pm

shanocles wrote:GH has a facebook page? does that have anything to do with a fulltime guitarist who can totally shred it up contributing a bit more to the writing process. or am i just hearing things...
No, that was the last album :P Actually I wrote that the other heavyish stuff and I play a huge chunk of the guitar on the recorded version. I just feel heavy these days *lol* A lot of the album is more Sgt. Pepper-y too, believe it or not. It's a bit schizophrenic. But we're not going for shred-tastic heavy this time out. It's more classic 70's heavy rock mixed with psychedelia through the Hammer filter.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:17 am

FredProgGH wrote:
shanocles wrote:GH has a facebook page? does that have anything to do with a fulltime guitarist who can totally shred it up contributing a bit more to the writing process. or am i just hearing things...
No, that was the last album :P Actually I wrote that the other heavyish stuff and I play a huge chunk of the guitar on the recorded version. I just feel heavy these days *lol* A lot of the album is more Sgt. Pepper-y too, believe it or not. It's a bit schizophrenic. But we're not going for shred-tastic heavy this time out. It's more classic 70's heavy rock mixed with psychedelia through the Hammer filter.
you feel heavy. hehe.
stilll getting to bash out a bit on the guitar huh (still have that black strat i saw in one of the dvd's ... i think it was the lex rex dvd??)

oooh, i like the sound of this .... psychedelia/schizo/GH/peppery
a 'peppery-psychedelic-Glass-Hammer-schizophrenic' album huh.
cool. (somewhere in the vein of early king crimson?)

its very refreshing to get an album by a fav band where they've reinvented the wheel so to speak. lookin' forward to it guys & gal.

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 pm

shanocles wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:
you feel heavy. hehe.
stilll getting to bash out a bit on the guitar huh (still have that black strat i saw in one of the dvd's ... i think it was the lex rex dvd??)

oooh, i like the sound of this .... psychedelia/schizo/GH/peppery
a 'peppery-psychedelic-Glass-Hammer-schizophrenic' album huh.
cool. (somewhere in the vein of early king crimson?)

its very refreshing to get an album by a fav band where they've reinvented the wheel so to speak. lookin' forward to it guys & gal.
This are gooooooood news!! :D
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:24 pm

Is there any timeframe on the album's release?
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:59 pm

Well, it may be finished in a couple weeks. But then it takes a month or two to get out. Before the end of the year though.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

FredProgGH wrote:
Sgt. Peppery? lol you didn't go all 'Panic at the Disco' on us, did you?

Actually, their second album is pretty good... and an amazing departure from their first.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:07 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Well, it may be finished in a couple weeks. But then it takes a month or two to get out. Before the end of the year though.
Really? That's a heck of a lot sooner than I was expecting (Good ol' Glass HAmmer)! Well, that's another album to add on to my Christmas list! =D =D
I can't wait!!

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:13 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, it may be finished in a couple weeks. But then it takes a month or two to get out. Before the end of the year though.
wow. muuuuuuch sooner than i had thought. thanks gang!