Three Cheers - Album Cover

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Three Cheers - Album Cover

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:37 am

Head over to www.glasshammer.com to see the new album cover :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Ha! Awesome! Is this the first time you guys have appeared on a GH studio album cover?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 pm

NelStone wrote:Ha! Awesome! Is this the first time you guys have appeared on a GH studio album cover?
Other than the live album (Nearfest) and the first edition of "Live and Revived". Its certainly the first 'posed' shot we've ever done for a cover.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
NelStone wrote:Ha! Awesome! Is this the first time you guys have appeared on a GH studio album cover?
Other than the live album (Nearfest) and the first edition of "Live and Revived". Its certainly the first 'posed' shot we've ever done for a cover.
And it looks great. The background behind you three is giving me the same vibe as the cover to Culture Of Ascent did, with the lighting and such. Heck, the logo's lettering looks similar to it too (my favorite GH logo, btw).

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Reminds me a bit of Sola Scriptura. Just the feel and color.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Cool! But...

MUST! MAKE! PREVIEW! PICTURE! BIGGGER!=)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Bnielsen wrote:Cool! But...

MUST! MAKE! PREVIEW! PICTURE! BIGGGER!=)
I concur :D
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:23 pm

THANK you. Yes, please do.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Nice cover, I like it. I'm saying this a day after picking up the new Porcupine Tree album, which I really like. But man, they have the absolute worst album covers!
And now for something completly different

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:53 pm

yanks07 wrote:Nice cover, I like it. I'm saying this a day after picking up the new Porcupine Tree album, which I really like. But man, they have the absolute worst album covers!
Hmm.... how would you classify Porcupine Tree? I've heard a lot of good things about them, but haven't actually heard them.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Japes wrote:
Hmm.... how would you classify Porcupine Tree? I've heard a lot of good things about them, but haven't actually heard them.
Steve Wilson is a terrific songwriter and producer. I would never say that we're making a conscious attempt to move in the direction of PT with this latest album- it really doesn't sound like them- but the fact that it rocks a little more and has a greater emphasis on guitar and shorter tracks does probably come a bit from listening to their last few albums. I haven't heard the last one but I really really like everything from In Abstentia on a lot. Probably some of the better albums of the '00s. You should check them out!
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:47 pm

PT is pretty cool. I definately enjoy most of their songs, but occasionally they get a bit dark or 'garbled sounding' for me.

Trains is a song of theirs that I just absolutely fell in love with.

I own In Absentia and Fear of a Blank Planet
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:43 am

I've been planning on checking out PT too. My first taste, about a year ago, failed to impress, as whatever I was listening to was almost entirely ambient.

I have heard Time Flies off the new album, which I like, though the song sounds almost too similar to Pink Floyd's "Dogs" and "Sheep". An homage, perhaps?

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am

Well, my brother has a few PT albums, as well as Shadow Gallery, so I'll have to give them a listen.

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Japes wrote:Well, my brother has a few PT albums, as well as Shadow Gallery, so I'll have to give them a listen.
Shadow Gallery's great if I'm in the right mood. I believe they've got a new album coming out soon. It's the first one since their singer died, but from the sound clips from their site it sounds like it's gonna rock.