Three Cheers Feature Page

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:44 pm

FredProgGH wrote:The real question is, does listening to the song change the song??
The Copenhagen school says yes.

But did playing the song change the song, too? Is the CD I am going to buy going to bear any resemblance to the original Platonic form of the music?
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Physicist wrote: But did playing the song change the song, too? Is the CD I am going to buy going to bear any resemblance to the original Platonic form of the music?
Ummm, how are we defining "platonic form" with regard to music? The original subjective conception of it by the composer???
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:41 pm

I wish I knew what was going on... :'(
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Hehe, don't worry about it- not sure I do either *lol*

otteaux

Post by otteaux » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Wow.. the Rock Band announcement is awesome! My family and I love us some rock band... my wife was reluctant to play with us, but once she got on the drums I couldn't get her off. She actually had to wear gloves to stop from getting blisters!

Can't wait for the new disc - the clip from the new song I saw on Youtube from 3RP sounded fantastic, and I'm a HUGE Susie fan. When I heard her sing on The Inconsolable Secret I thought to myself "It'd be great if she took over lead singing duties", which apparently collapsed the probability wave and resulted in exactly what I was hoping for! :)

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 pm

"Hey! You got your Suzie in my Inconsolable Secret!"
"No, YOU got your Inconsolable Secret all over my Suzie!!"

For fans of Inconsolable Secret With Suzie... stay tuned... :P

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:15 am

FredProgGH wrote:"Hey! You got your Suzie in my Inconsolable Secret!"

hmmm.... a hint for Inconsolable Secret 2.0 perhaps??

just on a side note. i noticed that you are doing signed copies of pre-orders (cool). i'll be away that weekend, any chance you'll still sign mine if i order it as late as 6th october? do i put a msg on the order form or something? and from what i've read on the varioius threads here it sounds very cool - and the whole publicity thing with that computer game is very much deserved. you guys rock!

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm

shanocles wrote:

just on a side note. i noticed that you are doing signed copies of pre-orders (cool). i'll be away that weekend, any chance you'll still sign mine if i order it as late as 6th october? do i put a msg on the order form or something? and from what i've read on the varioius threads here it sounds very cool - and the whole publicity thing with that computer game is very much deserved. you guys rock!
Well, there IS The Inconsolable Secret Revisited being worked on. I'm guessing that's what he's referring to.
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:53 pm

shanocles wrote:

Yep - You can order as late as the 6th and still get the autographs :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:21 pm

How long WILL the autographed copies be available for preorder?

EDIT: Were you saying the 6th was the last day, or you could still get it, not only as late as the 6th, but later still.

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Wow, I didn't even realize it was for autographed copies. I thought it was just pre-ordering in general.

This is even sweeter. 8)

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 pm

FredProgGH wrote:
Physicist wrote: But did playing the song change the song, too? Is the CD I am going to buy going to bear any resemblance to the original Platonic form of the music?
Ummm, how are we defining "platonic form" with regard to music? The original subjective conception of it by the composer???
Good point... I was thinking the composer's conception, but Plato would have been thinking of the unobtainable ideal. So the answer is 'yes,' er, 'no.'

I feel a little like Brave Sir Galahad at the Bridge of Death.
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:54 pm

NelStone wrote:Wow, I didn't even realize it was for autographed copies. I thought it was just pre-ordering in general.

This is even sweeter. 8)
We're going to sign one of the pages in the booklet instead of the cover this time. Time to buy some new sharpies.
There's no official cut-off day for pre-orders as of yet. Don't delay though....
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:48 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
NelStone wrote:Wow, I didn't even realize it was for autographed copies. I thought it was just pre-ordering in general.

This is even sweeter. 8)
We're going to sign one of the pages in the booklet instead of the cover this time. Time to buy some new sharpies.
There's no official cut-off day for pre-orders as of yet. Don't delay though....
"This time?" You guys have done this before. Dagnabbit, wish I wasn't a new-ish fan. :(

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:14 pm

Physicist wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:
Good point... I was thinking the composer's conception, but Plato would have been thinking of the unobtainable ideal. So the answer is 'yes,' er, 'no.'

I feel a little like Brave Sir Galahad at the Bridge of Death.
I have to say that in any case the answer is certainly "no". Not only is it impossible to realize exactly what's in your head in the physical world, I doubt that we truly even conceptualize something like music exactly the same way from one time to another. Anyway, the act of recording a piece changes it. And we have the luxury of performing and recording that performance ourselves- the best composers could hope for prior to 70 or 80 years ago was to notate their ideas on paper and hope for the best!!