Three Cheers Feature Page

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 pm

punx wrote:
Japes wrote:
punx wrote: Ripping the audio from my CD to my hard drive is what I'm up to, what kind of ripping are you inferring? :lol:
Perhaps some... paper ripping? Or maybe even Japanese silk ripping, I hear that's all the rage nowadays.
Muah-ha :twisted: :lol:
Oh, not that again... :roll:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: I DO!

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 pm

punx wrote: and in my own mid-life weird :wink: , is actually my favorite version of all three :twisted: for reasons best explained by listening to the song :P
Mine too. in fact I can't listen to the other two at all *lol* but I remember liking this one a lot. It was inspired by Todd Rundgren's "Healing" album :wink:
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

punx
Amateur
Amateur

Post by punx » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Japes wrote:So, wait, is this track going to go on the Compilations cd? The new one?
Yeah, you know I was wondering the same thing, since it was recorded a while back and probably wouldn't be up to snuff to be included on 3CFTB (as Fred said it could fit), unless you decided to rerecord it...plus the fact the final master just came in and that would postpone the album, right? 8)

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 pm

punx wrote:
Japes wrote:So, wait, is this track going to go on the Compilations cd? The new one?
Yeah, you know I was wondering the same thing, since it was recorded a while back and probably wouldn't be up to snuff to be included on 3CFTB (as Fred said it could fit), unless you decided to rerecord it...plus the fact the final master just came in and that would postpone the album, right? 8)
I thought *maybe* it would fit, but it's actually about 5 minutes long so probably not. So I think it's all a moot point again...

punx
Amateur
Amateur

Post by punx » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:10 pm

FredProgGH wrote:
punx wrote:
I thought *maybe* it would fit, but it's actually about 5 minutes long so probably not. So I think it's all a moot point again...
Nonsense! Now that you have it, rerecord it and find a place for it to make its appearance, like a new Compilations as Japes mentioned...and you were right, "maybe" was the operative word in that statement I quoted, oops :oops: but then again, "probably" is a flexible term, too :lol: I beseech a second opinion from our fair Mayor! :twisted:

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Well, if All Too Much wouldn't fit then No Way won't either because they're around the same length. That's what I'm thinking. From a recording stand point I remember it being pretty good- apart from a squirrley lead vocal maybe *lol* We'd just have to find that DAT tape master but at least now Steph has sent the MP3. A complete re-recorded Way To Her Heart suite could be fun- with a new ending even, since these days I am looking at getting m- ma- m-m-

Oh wait, can't talk about that :twisted:

punx
Amateur
Amateur

Post by punx » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, if All Too Much wouldn't fit then No Way won't either because they're around the same length. That's what I'm thinking. From a recording stand point I remember it being pretty good- apart from a squirrley lead vocal maybe *lol* We'd just have to find that DAT tape master but at least now Steph has sent the MP3. A complete re-recorded Way To Her Heart suite could be fun- with a new ending even, since these days I am looking at getting m- ma- m-m-

NO! Not the M-word! :shock: As Queen said, "Another one bites the dust!" :lol:

Well, I could accept a WTHH suite, like I said, the final master has already come in for 3CFTBH so it would delay the release to go futzing with it just to add NWTHH....squirrely? Let me take another listen......

OK, maybe....but still as said above, my favorite (mid-life weird) version.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:47 am

I meant adding it to The Compilations, not 3CftBH. All Too Much probably still will be a bonus track for 3C for iTunes and maybe the Japanese release (they always have to get something extra :P )

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:32 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Well, if All Too Much wouldn't fit then No Way won't either because they're around the same length. That's what I'm thinking. From a recording stand point I remember it being pretty good- apart from a squirrley lead vocal maybe *lol* We'd just have to find that DAT tape master but at least now Steph has sent the MP3. A complete re-recorded Way To Her Heart suite could be fun- with a new ending even, since these days I am looking at getting m- ma- m-m-

Kind of fitting song titles for tracks that can't fit, don't you think. :P

punx
Amateur
Amateur

Post by punx » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:52 pm

FredProgGH wrote:I meant adding it to The Compilations, not 3CftBH. All Too Much probably still will be a bonus track for 3C for iTunes and maybe the Japanese release (they always have to get something extra :P )
:oops: again, I misrealized what you were saying :(

As i said, though, when the WTHH suite finally makes it to disc, I will be happy, wherever it is! :twisted:

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:08 pm

FredProgGH wrote:I meant adding it to The Compilations, not 3CftBH. All Too Much probably still will be a bonus track for 3C for iTunes and maybe the Japanese release (they always have to get something extra :P )
3CftBH

That is NOT a friendly acronym lol
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah, maybe we should just go for "3C" or maybe "3CBH"?? Even "3C4"...

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:27 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Yeah, maybe we should just go for "3C" or maybe "3CBH"?? Even "3C4"...
3C is good. I keep reading 3CftBH as "3 cubic feet, buh?"