Drums on the new album?

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Drums on the new album?

Post by yanks07 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:34 pm

I didn't see Matt Mendians name listed, is he not involved with this?
And now for something completly different

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:43 pm

I think I remember them saying Fred did drums, like in their older stuff. Though, I could be and probably am wrong, as usual. :)
But that's me.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Yeah, it's me. Matt's not gone, there's several reasons for the shift. Matt was actually playing several songs but there was a huge technical glitch that rendered the tracks unusable and redoing them wasn't feasible in the timeframe we had. And some of the songs were very personal and I had a vision for the drum parts that I wanted to realize myself.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:20 am

So I was right for once!
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Interesting, Fred...

Speakin' of doing stuff yourselves - I positively demand more vocals (even lead!) from you and Steve!

I think y'all sell yourselves short! :D
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Well, as it happens there are! Everyone has a lead vocal or two on this album and I'm really happy with them.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:21 am

Yeah, and I'm really happy about that. Next to Walter Moore, you two have my favorite voices in the group. Now, is it just me, or do Steve's vocals usually end up being the section with high effects of some sort, kind of "angry" singing (Alkinoos and KOTN)? Or is this just coincidental?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 am

Japes wrote:Yeah, and I'm really happy about that. Next to Walter Moore, you two have my favorite voices in the group. Now, is it just me, or do Steve's vocals usually end up being the section with high effects of some sort, kind of "angry" singing (Alkinoos and KOTN)? Or is this just coincidental?
Frequently, if its a solo - I'm effected and sort of growling it out. That comes from singing Gene Simmons (Kiss) songs 4 x a night in smoky bars in the 80's - thus shredding my vocal chords for all time. :oops:
But - I'm down low doing backups and lead in a comfortable range on 80% of this album.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:37 am

But Steve has a GOOD growly voice! We like your growly voice, Steve! Don't be ashamed!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:But Steve has a GOOD growly voice! We like your growly voice, Steve! Don't be ashamed!
Yeah, I agree. I wasn't trying to insult it at all, I LOVE when you do a solo.

And I didn't realize you did that sort of stuff back then. I guess that explains the pictures of you with long hair and "rock attitude."

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Japes wrote:
Sam Gamgee wrote:But Steve has a GOOD growly voice! We like your growly voice, Steve! Don't be ashamed!

And I didn't realize you did that sort of stuff back then. I guess that explains the pictures of you with long hair and "rock attitude."
Nah - I didn't take it as an insult. I like growling :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:59 am

hahahhaha

totally agree, Sam!
Brian Nielsen

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:00 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, as it happens there are! Everyone has a lead vocal or two on this album and I'm really happy with them.
Fantastic news! I am really looking foward to this album!
Brian Nielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:59 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Japes wrote:

Nah - I didn't take it as an insult. I like growling :)
Then keep growling away! =D

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 pm

I vote for Susie's vocals personally. but don't at all mind Fred and Steve's vocals. Amazing how that aspect of GH was considered a weakness at one point by many, including me! Now I look forward to hearing it nearly as much as the keys, and I'm a total keyboard nut.
And now for something completly different