Albums starting to ship - to you :)

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Venividi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Venividi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Received mine today. Am listening right now. So far... Wow! Really different in a very good way!

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:01 pm

lucky!!! >.<

none for me yet =/
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:43 am

Bnielsen wrote:lucky!!! >.<

none for me yet =/
Hey,
Some albums are still shipping - so don't give up. Some of the pre-orders haven't gone out yet as we were waiting on autographing. Yours may be in the next wave :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:11 pm

3 Cheers is doing the same thing that The Compilations did for me. At first listen I thought of it as just an average prog album, but every time I listen I love it more. At this point, this may be one of my favorites, right up there with The Compilations! Though, especially with GH, it's really hard to compare such diverse albums.

Great job on the album, I really enjoy everything you guys put out. Quality unmatched!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 pm

[hide from Glass Hammer]

Anyone want to rip me a copy?

[/hide from Glass Hammer]

Drat, the tags aren't working! :x

:lol:

I'm treating the wait as a zen thing... 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:41 pm

My new favorite track is Sun Down Shores =D
Gives me goosebumps
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Just one listen, so far--not enough to assimilate... The immediate impression I got was that I had an album of lost Beatle tapes, except I prefer Susie's vocals to Lennon or McCartney.
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 pm

It came! It came! And it's autographed! And it came with the Compilations!

This is like early Christmas. :D

Gonna give it a listen as soon as my homework's done.

EDIT: Um... did you guys look at the back of the album? It says Three Cheers for the Borken-Hearted. Massive typo?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm

NelStone wrote:It came! It came! And it's autographed! And it came with the Compilations!

EDIT: Um... did you guys look at the back of the album? It says Three Cheers for the Borken-Hearted. Massive typo?
One of the first to catch 'borken' :)
>>>Borken or b0rken can also be internet slang for "broken," often referring to a computer program or a feature of a program that is not working as expected. It can also be used to refer to a very important bond between two people, which will ultimately fail.>>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borken
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:54 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
NelStone wrote:It came! It came! And it's autographed! And it came with the Compilations!

>>>Borken or b0rken can also be internet slang for "broken," often referring to a computer program or a feature of a program that is not working as expected. It can also be used to refer to a very important bond between two people, which will ultimately fail.>>>
Nice save. :P

But I'll take your word for it anyway. lol

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:

While on this subject, I was wondering why the side label is upside-down

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Japes wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:

It's actually quite common. My copy of Transatlantic's Bridge Across Forever and a few of my Pink Floyd CDs have upside-down side labels.

I got a Pink Floyd box set that had numerous errors.

However, there is precedent for misspellings on a GH release.. sorta... http://new.rumpza.com/ghfan/gh_forum/vi ... .php?t=829

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:25 pm

NelStone wrote:
Japes wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote: One of the first to catch 'borken' :)
It's actually quite common. My copy of Transatlantic's Bridge Across Forever and a few of my Pink Floyd CDs have upside-down side labels.
Interesting, this is the first I've seen.

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Say, does anyone know if there's any high-res (about 600x600 pixels) pictures of the album art for The Compilations (with the mountain cover) and Three Cheers For The Broken-Hearted? Can't find much on Google Search.

I know I must sound insane here, but the thing is I just like having good album art for my iTunes music collection.

I should really get a scanner.

EDIT: And I just found one for Three Cheers on this very site. Wow, I need to look around here more. lol

EDIT: And now I found a high-res of The Compilations on the artist's site. Looking through his portfolio of album art, and I must say, Michal Karcz is amazing.

FINAL EDIT, I PROMISE: Holy cow. This experimentation with expanding your sound really worked in your favor, guys. Three Cheers is amazing. It sounds like GH, but then, it sounds like a different band too. Definitely deserves to go on Rock Band. My fav tracks so far are The Lure Of Dreams and The Curse They Weave. Susie sounds incredible and I'm loving the drums and bass.

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:14 am

My copy awaited me in the mailbox last Monday evening. Thanks, guys, for prompt shipping. It's outside in the car right now, and it's 51 degrees outside, so I'm disinclined to go out and check for a misspelling! :lol:

So far, the standout track for me is "Hyperbole." Been cranking that one UP in the car a lot. I hear some double-bass drum technique that gets me headbanging.

After listening to the whole thing through--twice, so far--an impression that's been staying with me, is that these songs remind me more of classic rock than prog-rock. Which is not meant as a slag, but as a compliment.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.