3 Cheers Review - lost in translation

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

3 Cheers Review - lost in translation

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:00 pm

From proggies.ch

Have fun reading this review / translation!...

Housewives stamped. Is there such a thing already? If no, the nose have glass of hammer definitively ahead. But now the shocking insight: it functions. After some albums in the RetroProg style and a yet very heavily digestible last work, the Americans simply newly had to invent themselves. The volumes respect to this step earns actually. During z. B the FlowerKings the same album always and again and again balance out have other glass of hammer with Three cheers for the broken hearted somewhat entirely ventured when one is lived of them. The 11 songs on the album are knitted in principle very simple, but cleverly are arranged. Moreover some songs have a clear reference at the Beatles to show. The Vocals earn like in GH usually a special attention. 3-harmonious harmony songs are not few available. The arrangements became g sharp appropriate, but the retromässige Sounddesign is in places as always available. But also more modern elements were incorporated and disturb in no way the energy river. In contrast to the last albums where an entire multitude at guests at the final product involved were, concentrates the current disk on the creative duo Steve Babb (bass, Keyboards and song) and Fred Schendel (Keyboards, guitar, Drums and song) as well as long-term companion Susie Bogdanowicz at the song. For some guitar parts, the not unknown David were engaged Walliman as well as Josh favors. Result: The album functions on its type sensational. It not just the largest throw in the volume story is opens perhaps however it a new chapter. And it is an album that confident also once incidentally listened to will can, for it does not exert all too very. Seeks it a pop album good progressive, could be Three cheers for the broken hearted the correct choice.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:53 pm

All your CD are belong to us!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm

But also more modern elements were incorporated and disturb in no way the energy river.
New song title. Right there. :P

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 pm

NelStone wrote:
But also more modern elements were incorporated and disturb in no way the energy river.
Yeah, I immediately heard Jon Anderson singing it...

[elf]
Dis turb in no way the en-er-gy RIV-er....
[/elf]
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 am

FredProgGH wrote:
NelStone wrote:
Yeah, I immediately heard Jon Anderson singing it...

[elf]
[/elf]
Ha! It totally works!

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:13 am

lol oh man thats funny!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Re: 3 Cheers Review - lost in translation

Post by SuperTed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Housewives stamped.
And a good thing too - damned housewives roaming free everywhere. At least this way we'll be able to tell who their owners are...

:twisted:

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: 3 Cheers Review - lost in translation

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:35 pm

SuperTed wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:
Housewives stamped.
And a good thing too - damned housewives roaming free everywhere. At least this way we'll be able to tell who their owners are...

:twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Yet another splendid review translation from http://www.progwereld.org/cms/recensies ... n-hearted/

Enjoy!

Already since mensenheugenis is Glasses of Hammer the child of Steve Babb, and Fred Schendel. These friends for the life do not bring out already from 1993 with only regularity of albums, that one by one qualified can become as a baandoorbrekend or original, but surely a high extent at quality and glorious music accommodate. Imperturbably they do their thing and play they what they self well find. In the lake than 15 year have they self in my eyes developed until one of the authoritative symphonic rockbands from the United States.

They formed self invariably the musical brain of the group, on all their albums let they self assist through a robust multitude musicians that next to sometimes families are especially belief snout. It is after all a public secret that Glasses of Hammer part constitutes of the so-called Christian Progressive Rock movement in the United States.

On the tenth studio album "Three Cheers For The Pieces-Hearted" go Babb and Schendel back to the basis. Took advantage the pin on "Culture Or Ascent" next to a fixed singer, drummer and gitarist yet of five other guests, on this album play they all instruments normally self. On seven numbers, the fine Susie Bogdanowicz takes the vocalen for her bill, while an utmost records gastrol is weggelegd for the gitaristen David Wallimann and Josh Bates.

Furthermore songmatig is seen also a robust other course dangers. The past years shone Babb and Schendel from in the composing of long numbers that we in progkringen yet once in a while expensively 'epics' commit to name. Not rarely hit we numbers at with a speelduur between the fifteen and twenty minutes that were foresee of often long spun out instrumentale passages. With eleven numbers that as for speelduur vary of three till thick seven minutes have we it now well had. And I must say that me this excellent give birth. Quite just thought I faintly that it to make had with the complete metamorphosis that Schendel has undergo. In free short time is this zwaarlijvige and changes foresee long-haired toetsenist after all in a slender and bald shaven man of glass with Hans Otherwise-garlic. A treffender example of the said 'a fox do not loses is well its hairs, but its regions' to consider not. The music on "Three Cheers Or The Pieces-Hearted" has not lost namely power. More strongly yet, the group comes more powerfully over and sounds now more as a collective.

Known conceptuele themes as a Tolkien, knights and other medieval affairs have been let behind by Glasses of Hammer. Deliberate molars Babb and Schendel for it the through their enter to leave paths and again back to the relative simplicity from the beginning day of the tie to turn.

That Schendel next to a pardoned toetsenist also a lake than deserving party guitar and drums plays, was known. When he plays on these instruments, you need no fast and virtuoze gitaarsolo’s or complicated drumfills to expect. Everything stands complete in service of the collective.

What do kind of music we hit then at on this tenth Glasses of Hammer album? Grofweg falls to make there a two division in the of the group known mid-tempo and melodious numbers as a Come On, Come On, The Mid-Life Weird, A Bitter Wind and Sun Down Shores. Sturdier work and the hard (rockende) side of Glasses of Hammer falls to listen to on the sticking out The Lure Or Dreams, Drag On (a gastrol for David Wallimann) and The Curse They Weave (with glorious Mellotron of Schendel). On Hyperbole, one do not shows to go at also a modern approach of (progressive) rock from the way. The tie remains turn stamp got stuck on this mijlenver off of the Yes-what they sleepiness.

Striking is that for the first time after sixteen year a Glasses of Hammer album cover is decorated with the tie members self. Also in that sense can one say that Glasses of Hammer with "Three Cheers For The Pieces-Hearted" from the cupboard have been crawled.,. Therefore only already I decide Whored this review with a three yard '!'.

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:37 pm

That's beautiful, man! :cry:

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Funny, I was just drinking out of some glasses of hammer earlier.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:40 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote: In free short time is this zwaarlijvige and changes foresee long-haired toetsenist after all in a slender and bald shaven man of glass with Hans Otherwise-garlic.
That's what I keep telling people.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:07 am

HAHAHAHAH holy crap.... thats just amazing.... =p
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 pm

FredProgGH wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote: In free short time is this zwaarlijvige and changes foresee long-haired toetsenist after all in a slender and bald shaven man of glass with Hans Otherwise-garlic.
That's what I keep telling people.
Just suits you, Fred! :lol:
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:43 am

Fred, you da 'tootsenist!'
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw