3 Cheers Review - lost in translation

The latest news on the upcoming album for 09.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

gh_ariana
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gh_ariana » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:48 pm

:D :lol: Holy smokes, but those are funny! Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking while reading...
I've got no use for dragons, and I've got no use for swords.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm

SuperTed wrote:All your CD are belong to us!

Glass Hammer has set us up the bomb.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 am

If Yoda read Engrish out loud...
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay - so I'm thinking this guy hates our new album. Not sure - don't really care. What matters most are the quotes and ideas we can pull from this! Namely - Glass Hammer has been compared to ABBA (I think). And we've been running naked through the Chattanooga Zoo. AND - I've somehow conjured up an image of myself with the body of Disney's Little Mermaid - at least in the mind of the reviewer. lol Read on and enjoy....

of new invention is always the speech if it concerns the new GLASS OF HAMMER album. The volumes in the kernel on one threefold compresses, that mood dimmers turned to gloomily, that stamped modernized, that Symphos turned off the juice. Courage belonged already in addition to abjure everything, what one discharged earlier all at Phantasmen. One needs that to be sure also in order to race in the high winter naked over the Chattanooga zoo; like recommended that is, be placed once.

There were in the youngest past two albums that had a similar radiation, how "Three Cheers for the Broken Hearted" illuminates it now. The one, "pure" of PENDRAGON, more or few joined successfully the PORCUPINE TREE train and broke not at all once so awkwardly with its neoprogressiven roots, tore lent however also not just trees from because the compositions were to be sure pleasing, the general trend however no new impulses. The other was named "Amor Vincit Omnia" and placed the result of an ambitious ProgRock vertical starter REASON REVOLUTION by the name of PURE there - my personal opinion after a moderately heavy catastrophe, but the genre strange excursions into heavily electronic Gefilde let arise also recognition and many a plotted even enthusiasm.

"Three Cheers" feels at like a blend out of both. The dark, badly forest is arranged for an atmospheric subject, at whose instead of stand three cane fish shapes gotten lost like Hänsel, Hans and Gretel before witch Knusperhäuschen. The experiment joy is not to be arranged change the song: of the piano certain ABBA ballad from with guitar and bass courses after PORCUPINE-TREE-zu-In-Absentia-Zeiten-Rezept (vgl- "The Lure of Dreams" and the finale of „Hyperbole"), radio acoustics voice with redundant Gebrabbel on self-repeating OZZY OSBOURNE Hard skirt snatch up bedded itself inclusive. One would like to name bandwidth Deluxe that, lies the truth however probably sooner therein that in the width of the volume the survey got lost.

So honored valued namely the slogan "resistance of versus standstill" be likes, should be already organic the Soundrenovierung. "Three Cheers" causes wanted how and cannot so correctly. The commuting of the album between puddle of the class, lakes of the conventionality and seas of the nichtsgebenden of idling is to be described almost as a surreal. If one does not let himself blind of the crazy lights of the siren melodious sound of the manwoman-choirs, that produce the bizarre picture of Steve Babb with the body of Arielle of the mermaid, one looks at the empty area of the not all too deeply lying ground simple hand maggots pop songs with minority Metal (l) disguise.

In order to hold the RESULT shortly: With "Three Cheers for the Broken Hearted", a large heart show GLASS OF HAMMER undoubtedly. Yet it is broken.

Available over www.justforkicks.de
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 pm

race in the high winter naked over the Chattanooga zoo
Well, did you guys? Did you? Can't make a good album unless you do, ya know?

I hate when reviews consist of too many comparisons to other bands... if that's what he's doing. I honestly can't tell. lol
that produce the bizarre picture of Steve Babb with the body of Arielle of the mermaid
Let that be the last thing you think of before you go to bed tonight, Steve. :P

It comes off as if he was smoking something bad while writing the review. Ha!

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:33 pm

NelStone wrote:
race in the high winter naked over the Chattanooga zoo
Well, did you guys? Did you? Can't make a good album unless you do, ya know?

I hate when reviews consist of too many comparisons to other bands... if that's what he's doing. I honestly can't tell. lol
that produce the bizarre picture of Steve Babb with the body of Arielle of the mermaid
Let that be the last thing you think of before you go to bed tonight, Steve. :P

It comes off as if he was smoking something bad while writing the review. Ha!
That's the impression I get from most music reviews
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:38 pm

All your bases are belong to us!

I'm speechless. I'm heading over to engrish.com for some inspiration...

"A better future without blue sky and clear rivers is in our hands"
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:05 pm

To give him his dues, Amor Vincit Omnia got a mention and it's a cracking album!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]