Truly Awesome

A hobbit adventure

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Truly Awesome

Post by Japes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm

After getting a butt load of GH albums at the same time, and giving them all some, unfortunately, uninspired listen-throughs, I am finally now returning to each album to do them justice. I must say that I LOVED each album on the first listen-through, but as with all GH music (completely opposite to most of my other favorite artists other than Yes), GH music grows on me over time as opposed to pleasing me with a bang, only to wane (like Kansas, to me, though I'm still a huge Kansas fan). As I listen to the Middle Earth Album, I believe that this may be the most unappreciated GH album. I absolutely ADORE this album, and is definitely up there on my top list, along with TIS, Shadowlands, and Chronometree. This post is not very organized, because I'm just typing as a take in the melodious tunes (currently "As I Walk"). I just find this to be a perfect folk-prog mix, which is something I don't think I've ever experienced before. Seriously guys, I think Elrenn and Endereth and Sweet Goldberry may be some of your best work!

PS A short part of Mirkwood reminded me a little of LittleBigPlanet for PS3 :)
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

SpriteBat

Re: Truly Awesome

Post by SpriteBat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 am

There are only a couple GH albums I don't yet own, and this is one of them. I'm pretty excited for it, especially after reading your opinion of it. I mean, I'm not expecting their typical sound, but from what I have heard, they excel at everything they do. "The Lady Waits" is far from typical, yet it's absolutely gorgeous!

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Re: Truly Awesome

Post by Japes » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:50 am

SpriteBat wrote:There are only a couple GH albums I don't yet own, and this is one of them. I'm pretty excited for it, especially after reading your opinion of it. I mean, I'm not expecting their typical sound, but from what I have heard, they excel at everything they do. "The Lady Waits" is far from typical, yet it's absolutely gorgeous!
So totally worth the purchase! I would definitely recommend the special edition, if only to hear Steve and Fred's antics on the bonus disc.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.