It's arrived!

2010's release featuring Jon Davison and Alan Shikoh.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

doctorrobert

It's arrived!

Post by doctorrobert » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 pm

The Glass Hammer star just keeps ascending! I was surprised to find IF in my mailbox on Thurs. and was exceptionally pleased with this sonic masterpiece.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's arrived!

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Just a few listens so far, too early to say anything conclusive, but I LIKE this new vocalist!! Youthful optimism, pure simple tone (not too whiney or flashy), great range, slightly reminiscent of Jon Anderson - this guy seems to be the perfect match for the music GH writes! Bravo!!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

stonewolf

Post by stonewolf » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:55 pm

I was surprised too...only had time for the 1st tune and like :D
"play something important"

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 am

Hiya!

I have been wearing this one out. I did get a preview, but I guess I was expecting it to sound a little different. I can't decide what I like most, but IF I had to guess I really like If the Sun. There is a bit of each song I really like, but this Epic I am digging all the way through.

Jon's voice really is incredible. It is not just the singing, but like an instrument through the song. The guitar work really meshes well and it seems like all of it is blended well.

I hope to hear more work soon! :D
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 am

Elric wrote:Hiya!

I have been wearing this one out. I did get a preview, but I guess I was expecting it to sound a little different. I can't decide what I like most, but IF I had to guess I really like If the Sun. There is a bit of each song I really like, but this Epic I am digging all the way through.
I agree completely! I absolutely love certain parts of certain songs, like the beginning of At Last We Are, but If the Sun is my favorite through almost all of it.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Awesome.... from the first to last second Love it all.... :D
The world is smaller than you think!