behold, the bass drum!

2010's release featuring Jon Davison and Alan Shikoh.

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

behold, the bass drum!

Post by shanocles » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:27 pm

hey steve. i really love the bass/bassdrum timing on ziddle from 7:30-8:15-ish. cos that's some sweet timing there! it seems like a really difficult passage to learn?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: behold, the bass drum!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:27 pm

shanocles wrote:hey steve. i really love the bass/bassdrum timing on ziddle from 7:30-8:15-ish. cos that's some sweet timing there! it seems like a really difficult passage to learn?
It was incredibly hard to play, therefore, naturally - it was Fred's idea <g> Thanks for noticing! :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Re: behold, the bass drum!

Post by Japes » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Baha! I'm glad someone pointed this out. I have a hard time hearing some things like this since I've been doing a lot of my listening on my MacBook Pro speakers. My opinion of the song has elevated greatly!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.