Glass Hammer 2010

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:14 am

Jon Davison - Lead vocals
Fred Schendel - Keyboards, steel guitar
Steve Babb - Bass guitar, keyboards
Alan Shikoh - Guitars
Randall Williams - Drums
With Erin Erdos – Flute
(additional players to be announced soon)

We've hit the reset button on Glass Hammer, the result being a brand new lineup for 2010. Don't worry - connections with former members remain intact, but with Susie making a big move several hours south of us and a new album in production - the time had come to turn the page and begin a new chapter in the life of the band. Fred and I have assembled an outstanding band of new players who (in our opinion) fit the material perfectly, and have a complete grasp of where we want to head with Glass Hammer's music.
Production on the new album (no title yet) is moving along at a rapid pace. In fact, we're recording acoustic guitar parts as I type! We'll reveal more about the project in the near future. (Maybe!)
Feel free to share this info on forums. Help us get the word out :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:51 pm

:shock:

Lots of new faces, then?
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 am

ah lap steel .... i love it. (and flute too cool!)
If left is wrong I don't wanna be right...

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Sounds cool!!!!Only familiar with Alan-a killer guitarist!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Re: Glass Hammer 2010

Post by Japes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:50 am

Can't wait for yet another Glass Hammer "Revolution." You guys are one of the most unique bands I know of in how the style and players change so frequently (that is, on purpose). I LOVE it! It makes the band never get old.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:56 am

Japes wrote:Can't wait for yet another Glass Hammer "Revolution." You guys are one of the most unique bands I know of in how the style and players change so frequently (that is, on purpose). I LOVE it! It makes the band never get old.
Indeed, we are a completely different band now. We're back into our 'epic mode', and the new players are a perfect fit for these tunes. Can't wait to share a few sound bytes with you - soon, I hope!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:54 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Can't wait to share a few sound bytes with you - soon, I hope!
Steve
I see what you did there! :lol:

Looking forward to hearing the new stuff - onwards and upwards...or further up and further in, even! 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:29 pm

SuperTed wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:Can't wait to share a few sound bytes with you - soon, I hope!
Steve
Looking forward to hearing the new stuff - onwards and upwards...or further up and further in, even! 8)
Indeed.
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Any chance of a Moore appearance? :D
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.