A new album anyone? 2011

2011's Exciting Release

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

punx
Amateur
Amateur

Re: A new album anyone? 2011

Post by punx » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Bnielsen wrote:really?! well make sure you write up what you thought of it on the TIS section of the forum - it's a little dusty =p
well. as our fair Mayor is aware, I had previously downloaded IS off the net, and I did post to the FB page (I think) that I didn't understand what the big deal was about it, it being that it seemed like IS was a divisive GH album for some people, based on what I read here and in reviews elsewhere (DPRP excluded, they seem to just lurve GH irregardless :lol: )...as I mentioned elsewhere, If is the first GH I have heard so far without the mighty Bogdanowicz in some form, and I like it, but she is kind of a touchstone in GH for me, and since I have yet to listen to 3C4TBH, which seems to have been a showcase for her like Tracy Cloud's Love Changes was for her (at least by the reviews, most complaints I have seen lean toward the "mainstreaming" of the GH sound, not about her voice), IS is so far my Bogdanowicz buffet :mrgreen:

But I will do my best to breathe some fresh air into that section as soon as I am able! :twisted:

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:31 am

hi guys!

how's the album progressing??
may i suggest a huge dose of clavinet (ala kerry minnear style :D )

(and yeah baby i'm back online after not having been able to get internet reception here at home for like 3 years!!)

proggin' out man,
shano.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:40 pm

shanocles wrote:hi guys!

(and yeah baby i'm back online after not having been able to get internet reception here at home for like 3 years!!)

proggin' out man,
shano.

There is at least one clavinet / classical guitar break <g>
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Are you in our Facebook group? There tends to be way more news and info over there now...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:29 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
shanocles wrote:hi guys!

proggin' out man,
shano.

There is at least one clavinet / classical guitar break <g>

cool! classical guitar and clavinet - very baroque. a nice pairing indeed.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 am

FredProgGH wrote:Are you in our Facebook group? There tends to be way more news and info over there now...
i've never even been to facebook. :shock: my cousin started one up for me way back when it started but i never used it cos i didn't have internet so i got her to cancel it ... she lives in melbourne you see.
anyways,
do you have the link to your site there?

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:06 am

Classical = awesome.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:28 pm

I'm starting to get in an abstinence crisis of Glass Hammer Epicness in music.............
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Super excited for the album, especially now that I can log into the forum! I've been gone for a while because it kept telling me I had exceeded the number of login attempts... Then I remembered I can email myself a new password!

On another note, my brother is really disappointed that yet another album is coming out before Inconsolable Revisited. What should I tell him?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.