Spear of destiny

In search of Glory

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Alatar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Spear of destiny

Post by Alatar » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:57 am

Out of curiosity, and with the assumption that I was ignorant of something obvious to those brought up in Christian households, I did a bit of looking about for information about the Roman who wounded Jesus with his spear. People might be interested in the Wikipedia entry here:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear_of_Destiny

My favourite Christian legend that came into vogue in the Middle Ages is still the story of St.Josaphat, although Christina the Astonishing has a cool story too.
----
Five wizards came from the West. One sought knowledge, one power, one conversed with the animals and the other two got into blues

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Spear of destiny

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:40 pm

Alatar wrote:Out of curiosity, and with the assumption that I was ignorant of something obvious to those brought up in Christian households, I did a bit of looking about for information about the Roman who wounded Jesus with his spear. People might be interested in the Wikipedia entry here:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear_of_Destiny

My favourite Christian legend that came into vogue in the Middle Ages is still the story of St.Josaphat, although Christina the Astonishing has a cool story too.
Stranger than fiction??? I was totally unaware of the legend of Longinus when we began work on Lex Rex. Just before it was completed, I shared the idea of the story with a fan who told me about the legend. I also found myself reading a fantasy novel about the quest for the lance, and then another by Bernard Cornwell about an archer searching for (you guessed it) the very same lance. I also got a magazine with an article about the lance. All this happened within two weeks - and just as we were completing the last song on the album. True story :D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart