lyrics

In search of Glory

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

leo

lyrics

Post by leo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:13 am

Hi.

My name is Leo and I'm 21. I am a student of history at SUNY at Albany. I'm a relatively new Glass Hammer fan. I only have Lex Rex, but it is already one of my favorite albums. I love prog rock such as Yes, Dream Theatre, ELP, Jethro Tull, Edgar Winter, et cetera... although my favorite band is Pink Floyd. Other favorites are A Perfect Circle, Tool, Radiohead, Belle and Sebastian, and Metallica (older stuff).

Is there an online source for Glass Hammer lyrics, especially Lex Rex? Much to my dismay, I cannot seem to be able to find one. I would just listen to it and copy them myself, but I cannot always hear the lyrics, and besides that I always get distracted by the instrumentals (in a good way).

Thanks,

Leo
nam et ipsa scientia potestas est

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:01 am

http://www.ghfan.net should suit your need just fine, fun by our resident admin/mod Samwise Gamgee, a.k.a. Stephanie

We're so glad you found Glass Hammer, their music has honestly changed my life.

If you like "Lex Rex", might I suggest picking up "Live at NEARFest" and then "The Inconsolable Secret" next?

"L@NF" is a incredible sounding live concert that featured a 18 person choir that I was proud to be a part of, and gives a great feel for their live sound.

The Inconsolable Secret is their new one, mindblowing- check out the other forum links on it.

Again, welcome to the forum, stay for a while! :cheers:

P.S.- watch for "MayorOfLongview" "FredProgGH" "Reepicheep" and "EIWing" as they are all members of the band, and love a kind word regarding their music ;-)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:19 am

Hello! Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Yeah, I know what you mean about the lyrics - I am so bad at picking them up right, and it bothered me that the old glasshammer.com never updated their lyrics pages with new albums, so that's why i made ghfan.net in the first place. Then more fun stuff just kind of got added on too. :)

I just love lex rex. I think it's still my favorite to sing along with! ^_^
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: lyrics

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:13 am

leo wrote:Hi.

Is there an online source for Glass Hammer lyrics, especially Lex Rex?
Much to my dismay, I cannot seem to be able to find one. I would just listen to it and copy them myself, but I cannot always hear the lyrics, and besides that I always get distracted by the instrumentals (in a good way).

Thanks,

Leo
Leo,
Welcome to the forum. The Lex Rex lyrics are actually printed inside the Lex Rex insert. Did your cd not come with an insert?
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:51 pm

Bnielsen:

Thank you for the link to the site and to the information on the band members who are on the site.

MayorOfLongview:

I most certainly did recieve a Lex Rex insert. I put it in my CD binder with the rest of my collection. Since I just moved and hence all my possessions are virtually inaccessible, I thought it would be easier to find them online. Thanks for asking though.

I may enjoy Live At Nearfest but don't plan on getting it. I am a purist: live music is meant to be experienced live. I would love, however, to see the band in concert.

As for The Inconsolable Secret, I would love to obtain the album--as soon as I can hear some samples of the songs, which I cannot obtain either on Amazon or (as far as I can tell) from the glasshammer.com website. No matter how good a band is, I just have to sample it before I can invest in the album. I am very picky about my music, and take my album purchases very seriously.

leo

Post by leo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:53 pm

Oops...

That post by "guest" was me, Leo.

Sorry.

Before I forget, it might be interesting to know that I found Glass Hammer on Amazon.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:21 pm

good deal- go to gh's webiste for a HEFTY selection of samples from the new album
Brian Nielsen

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:11 pm

You kind of have to poke around to find it though. Features, Inconsolable Secret, scroll down to "click to listen" orange button... Yeah, it's really inconvenient. Steve, it might be good to have a more organized sound page, because it is kind of buried.

Oh, you could also hear it on itunes.
Last edited by Sam Gamgee on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:I would love, however, to see the band in concert.
You'll have a chance to do so this coming November 5th. The band will be playing at Belmont University in Nashville. More information can be found on the following pages:

http://midi-center.com/gh_forum/viewtopic.php?t=749

and

http://midi-center.com/gh_forum/viewtopic.php?t=682
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:34 am

Brian Nielsen

leo

Post by leo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:15 pm

Bnielsen and others:

I appreciate your feedback. I have listened to the Inconsolable Secret samples, and they sound fantastic. However, I must go through my mandatory at-least-one-week of investigation and outright coveting before I can convince myself to obtain the album. As I said before, I take my album purchases very seriously.

Might I add that I love the cover art for the album. As a longtime Yes fan, having been raised on their music by my father and also having seen all but the most recent of their tours since Magnification, I am very appreciative of Roger Dean's artwork. It is good to see some new Dean art!

- Leo

Alatar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Alatar » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:20 am

You might be interested to know that Roger Dean has floated (no pun intended) the idea of a movie. Details at http://www.rogerdean.com/floatingislands/intro.html
----
Five wizards came from the West. One sought knowledge, one power, one conversed with the animals and the other two got into blues

leo

Post by leo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:18 pm

Alatar:

Actually, I was aware of that. I am a frequenter of yesworld.com, the official website of Yes, and that news was mentioned on the site quite some time ago.

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:56 pm

leo wrote:Bnielsen and others:

However, I must go through my mandatory at-least-one-week of investigation and outright coveting before I can convince myself to obtain the album. As I said before, I take my album purchases very seriously.
Hello Leo and a belated welcome to the nuthouse!

Now that we've established a relationship and you know that I'm your friend, I hereby order you to splash some cash and buy the new album! :lol: :wink:

What historical period(s) are you studying if you don't mind me asking?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]