A Burning Question

Journey of the Dunadan, Perelandra, Live & Revived

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

santakauz
Amateur
Amateur

A Burning Question

Post by santakauz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:02 pm

I, with complete certainty, declare "Arrgh!" to be the best Glass Hammer song under 8 seconds. The question that is burning though is what is the story behind this masterpiece? And furthermore, why don't more songs feature well timed Arrghs in stereo??
"What are we holding on to, Sam?"
"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." --The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:17 pm

Ain't it great! Maybe we'll revisit Aargh one day. Or maybe we'll do new one - "Doh!"
8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:49 am

Not all Prog masterpieces need to clock in at eight-plus minutes, do they?
MayorOfLongview wrote:Ain't it great! Maybe we'll revisit Aargh one day. Or maybe we'll do new one - "Doh!"
8)
NOOOOOO!!!! You must not try to improve upon perfection!!! Did da Vinci feel the need to paint a mustache upon the Mona Lisa? And remember what happened when the sculptor who, albeit possessing great skill at his art, was being paid by the chisel-tap and so felt the need to make one more --just one more--little, itsy-bitsy improvement?

" 'That's fine,' I said. 'The Sphinx's nose looks great,' I said. But no, you just had to go and hit that chisel one more time."

:lol: 8)

Now, maybe it could benefit from being remastered. hehe
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.