Wyzards!

Journey of the Dunadan, Perelandra, Live & Revived

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:25 pm

Howard! At long last! I hadn't forgotten you - Kurt, I mean Howard.
:lol:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Belithraldor
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Belithraldor » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:34 am

Bnielsen wrote:kinda looks like Sesame Street's Bert after a HORRID allergic reaction
ImageImageImage
Butch Snyder - aka, Belithraldor
www.butchsnyder.com
www.myspace.com/butchsnyder

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:38 am

hey beli- that little cartoon in your profile rocks! lol he tries all them fancy things to get in, but forgets to open the door lol
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Forgotten One
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Forgotten One » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:56 am

Ahh yes...he remembers.

I had a Wizard 'moment' recently when at a Dreamtheater concert...I was enjoying the intertwining melodies and the marvelous guitar and percussion work when a thought popped into my head....yeahhh I really like this tune...then in that instant I realized it was not a Dreamtheater tune but I was hearing a very familiar Rush tune! They went on to through a medoley of Rush instrutmental style and I looked at Dawn, she smiled back at me and we both said at once...Wizards! :) It brought back many memories of hot muggy Chattanooga nights at a certain grungy cement block building in Ooltewah. The last I knew, a certain William McKinney still possessed a caricature I drew of the three Wizards playing in that building with a banner in the background that had "WiSards" on it...a backwards Z actually but it served up many a laugh. In fact we regularly pronounced it that way with a lisp and I suggested that perhaps the song title should be changed to Wil O the Lisp! Bill thought the drawing captured the essence of each person in a comical way....and indeed, that was the intent. :)

As long as I live I shall never forget....

Changes @ 1 am with all of six hardcore fans present

Gandy's Music Hall (in the basement of Bills Beer Bar) Gandy was 'straight' right? :D

Over 1000 fans trying to get into a store to see their favorite band

Frank singing Shadows of the Past and Green Manalishi

Putty heads with lighted eyes

Screaming "Freeeeee Bird" at the band after too much grog

"Animal", the beer can chewing redneck spitting aluminum during David's rendition of Star Spangled Banner & Purple Haze

*ohio accent* "Hey Dawn, theres a large......."

*Cronkite voice* "Whether you live in the nations heartland or along the seaboard......"

....and countless other references that no one else here will understand or appreciate. It was fun, lots of fun. :)

KF
"Look back over your shoulder...the past has finally found you, the past won't let you be.."

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:24 am

I have never nor will I ever forget "Dawn, there's a large...."
Please say hi to dawn for me. I have pictures of both of you - one from David's b-day party.
24 years ago? Geez!
Steve 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Forgotten One
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Forgotten One » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:25 am

I'd love to see any pics of us you have. My kids are teens now and they get a huge kick of their parents 'big hair' days. :)

Please email me any scans you think I may have interest in!! All old pics are welcome.

metalman_59@yahoo.com

I will give Dawn your regards. Shes like 57 or 58 now! :cackle:
Yeah, I'll be sleeping on the couch. ;)
"Look back over your shoulder...the past has finally found you, the past won't let you be.."

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

Re: Wyzards!

Post by Losfer Words » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:19 am

MayorOfLongview wrote: I'm not sure how many of the other forum members have even heard Wyzards!
Steve :D
I believe the rule at Ooltewah High School at one time was that if you did not know the words or song title to at least one Wyzards' song you were not allowed to get your diploma and would most likely have your album collection seized and replaced with some decent metal.