Journey of the Dunadan, Perelandra, Live & Revived

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Heroes and Dragons (Symphonic Version)

Post by Japes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I actually have two questions, but I'll keep them brief:
1-Are the vocals used in Heroes and Dragons on Lex Rex the same recorded vocals used for the Symphonic Version, or were they re-recorded?
2-Which was recorded first, the chicken or the egg? No, just kidding, was the symphonic or the Lex Rex version recorded first?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Not the same vocals. I sing the Lex Rex one and Walter sang the symph one and I think they're at different tempos and in different keys, though I'd have to see. Lex Rex came first.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:25 am

FredProgGH wrote:Not the same vocals. I sing the Lex Rex one and Walter sang the symph one and I think they're at different tempos and in different keys, though I'd have to see. Lex Rex came first.
You sang the Lex Rex one? Wow, I honestly thought it was Walter this whole time. That and I guess I should have listened to it again before posting this...
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:08 am

HA! Japes, when I started listening to GH, I also used to get Fred and Walter mixed up ALL the time. Thank you. I feel vindicated.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Wow, just re-listened to the Lex Rex version and you can sing a LOT higher than I thought you could, Fred! Really, I can't imagine that voice coming out of you, at least compared to what few vocals you had in the Ten Toes (that's probably not the best thing to which to compare) or that podcast you guys released earlier, or just judging from your pictures.

@Sam
I'm glad I'm not alone! It's also nice to hear that even YOU were once a new fan. It's almost unimaginable....

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:43 pm

I don't really though, I just have sort of a high sounding voice :P I have the lowest range of anyone. Though I have a pretty good falsetto so I can do the high back-up parts.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, Fred, I think you should carry your vocal talents into this new album fully, and include a part akin to that of 4:25 of Track 3 on The Ten Toes. I LOVE that part!

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Japes wrote: @Sam
I'm glad I'm not alone! It's also nice to hear that even YOU were once a new fan. It's almost unimaginable....
I know, crazy, right?! I just realized that this year I can finally say that I have been a Hammerhead for over half of my life.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]