Hammerhead

David

Post by alien2112 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:08 am

How come ya'll don't have anything about it on the website or forum? :P

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:29 am

David and Goliath? Is that what you're asking about?
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:23 pm

Yes. :)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:23 pm

Its a long, long story - the making and marketing of that album. In fact, the story isn't over yet. Its about to be made available on iTunes. Essentially, its the GH members and friends doing a lot of drama mixed with sound efx and music. We're very proud of it. Its mainly for kids, but adults can listen and enjoy. It even gets proggy from time to time.
8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:06 pm

I looked on Amazon and it doesn't seem to be available any more. Too bad I don't know any young kids, but I just might get it for myself. It looks very interesting from the description.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:29 pm

Christianitytoday.com named Fred and I number 1 in their top 10 indie artists to watch list for the year it came out. 2002 I think.
We had really awful distribution and a very awful distribution company. They really blew it, so we pulled it.
It will resurface any day now (iTunes) and has some really great music.
Please try it out :)
Steve

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:51 pm

My little brothers and sisters like it... And when we were talking about the seven sons of Jesse they remembered the names of the characters who were talked about on the album, at least! :)
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:54 pm

Just got it off itunes and am listening to it now-I really like it so far.Finally some GH/proggy stuff my kids and wife will listen to hopefully. Who is doing the narration? I know you said Matt is on drums and vocals. Who are doing the voices? I'm really impressed!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:19 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:I know you said Matt is on drums and vocals. Who are doing the voices? I'm really impressed!
just received a copy 2 days ago and had a listen with my six week old daughter (its never too early huh!). a quick question... is that matt on drums (as yeshead777 said) or fred as the liner notes suggest? very nice. and the guitars are great too. and yeah, the occasional nod to prog is there.

i also really like the lyrics, the words are put together very well. congrats there. well written songs. i really like song 19 too. nice intro.

and saul's forgetfulness is a crack.

so yeah ... i think its great for children ... and wives!
:lol:

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Hehe- there's only two people playing instruments on D&G and the other one is Steve. We did this a couple years before we met Matt. Of voices we had many- Robert Streets being the feature of course who will be with us at 3RP, and Suzie as female lead/narrator, and I bet you can recognize Brad Mahler of Chronometree fame. Jesse is a local heavy metal singer who just tore it up- when he says "NOW WHAT??" it's my favorite part of the album. I want to do a whole project with him *lol* There's a little me and Steve and the rest are people we brought in. A lot of the male chorus stuff is me, Steve and Tom Hammett who's a local choir leader and good friend. The female chorus is mostly Suzie and Sarah Lovell who you can see on the Lex Live DVD.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:59 am

as for the drumming ... dude! you gots some talent boy! (being a drummer/guitarist myself)
and the guitar parts compliment it nicely
...did you just like sit in your bedroom when you were a kid and learn as many instruments as possible, or your parents were music teachers or something, or you lived next to a music shop?? lots of hard work and practice huh.

roughly how long did it take to do the D&G record (concept, writing, recording, etc) as its got 2002 on the back but probably started a bit before that.

by the way, on a side note - i love watching the GH dvd's and seeing how much fun you guys have playing it live with huge smiles 'n all. thats the best part for me - oh and of course the bombastic symphonic-ness of it all.
If left is wrong I don't wanna be right...

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:04 am

you know you're on a winner when your wife plays a cd continuously while your at work and hums the songs when you get home! hehe. my wife loves the album - and we sing along to it with our daughter. thanks guys!

ali's fav is 'let us praise Him' and anything Shammah says, and i really like 'fear and trembling' and 'the singer' ... and the more times i listen the more i appreciate the intense amount of work that must have gone into the music side of it.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:52 pm

shanocles wrote:you know you're on a winner when your wife plays a cd continuously while your at work and hums the songs when you get home! hehe. my wife loves the album - and we sing along to it with our daughter. thanks guys!

ali's fav is 'let us praise Him' and anything Shammah says, and i really like 'fear and trembling' and 'the singer' ... and the more times i listen the more i appreciate the intense amount of work that must have gone into the music side of it.
Glad your family loves it so much.