Moog Pedals

Synthesizers, guitars, bass, drums...

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Moog Pedals

Post by Moog Taurus » Sun May 14, 2006 5:32 am

Hi , I have just received my copy of the live at Belmont DVD .
What a great gig this must have been to see and hear in the flesh.
The quality of the DVD is very good indeed and sounds great in 5.1 Dolby surround even though I could not detect any sound being sent to the LFE speakers I have .
Having said that I m not sure that it's required given the quality of the mix to the other five channels.
Any way to my question on instruments , has Steve retired the Taurus pedals to the attic ?
I noticed on the above mentioned DVD that he was not using them and it appears that Fred may be playing some of the Taurus fills with his right hand , can you confim this

P.S. Great music rom you guys , long may it continue.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Moog Pedals

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun May 14, 2006 8:55 am

Moog Taurus wrote:Hi , I have just received my copy of the live at Belmont DVD .
What a great gig this must have been to see and hear in the flesh.
The quality of the DVD is very good indeed and sounds great in 5.1 Dolby surround even though I could not detect any sound being sent to the LFE speakers I have .
Having said that I m not sure that it's required given the quality of the mix to the other five channels.
Any way to my question on instruments , has Steve retired the Taurus pedals to the attic ?
I noticed on the above mentioned DVD that he was not using them and it appears that Fred may be playing some of the Taurus fills with his right hand , can you confim this

P.S. Great music rom you guys , long may it continue.
There are some left handed keyboard moments and some octave effects on the bass. I'd love to bring the Taurus pedals along for a show, but they're very old and only work well on occasion. I've had them repaired and checked, but the last tech that worked on them said they were beyond hope. Before they gave out though, Fred and I sampled every note with different decay lengths. You'll still hear them on upcoming albums - their spirit lives on!!!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Sun May 14, 2006 10:47 am

So is it the pedalboard's tone that is most appealing to you, more than being able to play two instruments at once and create a bigger sound onstage? I'm sure you've considered the option of hooking up a MIDI bass pedalboard (Korg's MPK-130 or similar) to a sampler
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun May 14, 2006 11:31 am

johnc wrote:So is it the pedalboard's tone that is most appealing to you, more than being able to play two instruments at once and create a bigger sound onstage? I'm sure you've considered the option of hooking up a MIDI bass pedalboard (Korg's MPK-130 or similar) to a sampler
Yes, I've thought of midi options. But with GH only doing 1 show a year - I'd rather put the funds to better use :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Re: Moog Pedals

Post by johnc » Mon May 15, 2006 11:00 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:I've had them repaired and checked, but the last tech that worked on them said they were beyond hope. Before they gave out though, Fred and I sampled every note with different decay lengths. You'll still hear them on upcoming albums - their spirit lives on!!!
I swear, that statement reminds me of someone talking about a deceased relative, or a guy talking about his first hot rod. What's next--a picture of the pedalboard stuffed and mounted over the fireplace? Or a story of its decent burial? :lol: :lol:
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:42 pm

Today I checked out the studio gear section of the site and it notes that the band have two sets of Taurus pedals , is this still true or is it a little out of date.

Dave

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:50 pm

Moog Taurus wrote:Today I checked out the studio gear section of the site and it notes that the band have two sets of Taurus pedals , is this still true or is it a little out of date.

Dave
Just one set now that only works now and then. Walter's pedals were destroyed at NEARfest :cry:

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:54 pm

What is the story with Walters pedals , were they damaged in transit? :shock: