Lex Rex's Snare

Synthesizers, guitars, bass, drums...

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Lex Rex's Snare

Post by Shadoshi » Thu May 18, 2006 7:48 pm

Was probably the most annoying snare I've ever heard. :lol: I hope GH sticks with snare sound like: Chronometree's and The Inconsolable Secret's. Opinions? :wink:

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu May 18, 2006 9:00 pm

Heh, this was a conversation held long ago, and sorta a sore point pal =)

Bottom line, before "Live at Nearfest" when Matt Mendians joined the band, I belive Fred used a Electronic drum kit, rather than acoustic. (It was not just a drum machine)

Now that they have Matt, all (future) albums had/have an acoustic drum kit.

EDIT:
If you liked Lex Rex, but want to hear it played a bit heavier, you will NOT find a better sounding Live Album than "Live at Nearfest." check it out more here: http://www.glasshammer.com/pages/features/nearfest.html
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Thu May 18, 2006 9:23 pm

Bnielsen wrote: If you liked Lex Rex, but want to hear it played a bit heavier,
:lol: Believe me, I'm the last person to want something heavier, but I do plan to get LaNF soon, so I look forward to it either way. :D

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Fri May 19, 2006 12:01 am

How do you guys feel about THIS drum sound?? :D

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Fri May 19, 2006 5:58 am

Prog Music's Frank wrote:How do you guys feel about THIS drum sound?? :D
Wowza, at first I thought you were kidding, but that was actually really cool. The drum sound wasn't bad.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Bnielsen wrote:Heh, this was a conversation held long ago, and sorta a sore point pal =)

Bottom line, before "Live at Nearfest" when Matt Mendians joined the band, I belive Fred used a Electronic drum kit, rather than acoustic. (It was not just a drum machine)

Now that they have Matt, all (future) albums had/have an acoustic drum kit.

EDIT:
If you liked Lex Rex, but want to hear it played a bit heavier, you will NOT find a better sounding Live Album than "Live at Nearfest." check it out more here: http://www.glasshammer.com/pages/features/nearfest.html
I agree completely with the edit. When I hear Lex Rex I felt that the writing was great, but the instruments felt a little, I don't know... light. A heavier sound would be just the way I would put it in NearFest. Now, what abou Lex Live, how is that compared to NearFest?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.