Slig's bass

Synthesizers, guitars, bass, drums...

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

slig

Slig's bass

Post by slig » Mon May 22, 2006 9:42 pm

I have had a bass for 3 months, I have gotten very good, I can play a bunch of Pink Floyd, I would like for Glass Hammer to come out with some bass tabs or somthing cause I would love to play your music. If you would, would you quote me and give me some bands to listen to/
GLASS HAMMER ROCKS!!!!!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Slig's bass

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue May 23, 2006 9:36 am

slig wrote:I have had a bass for 3 months, I have gotten very good, I can play a bunch of Pink Floyd, I would like for Glass Hammer to come out with some bass tabs or somthing cause I would love to play your music. If you would, would you quote me and give me some bands to listen to/
I can read music, but never bothered for the bass. I just play by ear. I taught myself by listening and playing along with Rush and Yes albums. I did this for several hours a day for 3 or 4 years - all the while playing original music in a band. For albums, I mostly played along with 2112 and Hemispheres by Rush, and Going For The One and Yes Shows by Yes.
There - my secrets are revealed!
8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Tue May 23, 2006 4:41 pm

slig wrote:I have had a bass for 3 months, I have gotten very good, I can play a bunch of Pink Floyd, I would like for Glass Hammer to come out with some bass tabs or somthing cause I would love to play your music. If you would, would you quote me and give me some bands to listen to/

Look at you Tracy, 1 day on the forum and Steve already chats to you. Don't you feel special? :D

slig

Post by slig » Tue May 23, 2006 8:26 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
I can read music, but never bothered for the bass. I just play by ear. I taught myself by listening and playing along with Rush and Yes albums. I did this for several hours a day for 3 or 4 years - all the while playing original music in a band. For albums, I mostly played along with 2112 and Hemispheres by Rush, and Going For The One and Yes Shows by Yes.
There - my secrets are revealed!
8)
Thanks anyway, I think you are an awsome bassist, i still have to pracyise
GLASS HAMMER ROCKS!!!!!

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Wed May 24, 2006 10:17 am

Tracy, you are so strange dude....... :lol:

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed May 24, 2006 10:09 pm

Are you guys real-life pals or something? You seem to know each other to a certain extent.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Thu May 25, 2006 6:13 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:Are you guys real-life pals or something? You seem to know each other to a certain extent.
Yes. He is my pal Tracy, the Bassist for my band. We've known each other for about..... 10 years or so..... :D

slig

Post by slig » Thu May 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Shadoshi wrote:
Sam Gamgee wrote:Are you guys real-life pals or something? You seem to know each other to a certain extent.
Yes. He is my pal Tracy, the Bassist for my band. We've known each other for about..... 10 years or so..... :D
word yah 10 long years of pain.. lol nah its been fun excpecally making our band and creating music, thanx for getting me into GH, and DT and back into PF........
GLASS HAMMER ROCKS!!!!!