time signature required...

Synthesizers, guitars, bass, drums...

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:16 pm

Well, if you larn to play Presto Vivace on violin you probably have a gig. It's pretty hard; IIRC the original is played only on keyboards, not violin. Since it's so fast, if you pick it out you might have a good career ahead of you as a transcriber!
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

DruidsGlass
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by DruidsGlass » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:33 pm

lol, you supply the time and a room with nothing but speakers and a cd player that plays it and i'll gladly go in and learn it...until that time...nuh-uh :lol:
We shall not let Word Association go quietly into the night!

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mflorio » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:50 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, if you larn to play Presto Vivace on violin you probably have a gig. It's pretty hard; IIRC the original is played only on keyboards, not violin. Since it's so fast, if you pick it out you might have a good career ahead of you as a transcriber!
Did you know that the guitar doubles the keys the second time ? It's really blended in well, but I have a live recording where you can hear Holdsworth playing those lines behind the keys.

Mike
http://www.massdream.com

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:31 pm

Yeah, you can hear it on the studio cut if you listen close. Holdworth is amazing. I love the acoustic intro on Nevermore.

I just gave Shreddy a copy of that album in fact- we'll see if he steals some of alan's licks!!
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]