Here's the big question...

Computers, mixing panels...

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Fingolfin
Amateur
Amateur

Here's the big question...

Post by Fingolfin » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:00 pm

So are you Apple people or Microsoft people?

(answer carefully; this one could cost you your life. ;)
Fingolfin beheld the ruin of the Noldor. Filled with wrath and despair he rode forth alone. A madness of rage was upon him; his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.
He came alone to Angband and challenged Morgoth to single combat.

And Morgoth came.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Here's the big question...

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:19 pm

Fingolfin wrote:So are you Apple people or Microsoft people?

(answer carefully; this one could cost you your life. ;)

pc !
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:24 pm

**puts on her fury costume with the bloodstained fake nails** HISSSSSS.... SHAME, SHAME! Apples are wAAAAy better, you mindless footsoldier of Gate's evil plan to dominate the world!!

Ok, I'm not that evil, and i really don't hate microsoft that much. But apples really do rock! WETA even uses Apple. :) OS X is really cool.

But if you really insist on using Microsoft, I guess I'll just have to forgive you because of the beautiful music you make. :)
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:08 pm

I almost bought an Apple. And then I compared prices: It seamed to me that a PC running with Microsoft Windows was more in my budget. I couldn't find any interesting software either. I worked for several computer companies (still do by the way: I work for Dell!) and I could get cheap computer parts. So I build my own system and I'm still able to upgrade it easily.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:12 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:(answer carefully; this one could cost you your life.

I suppose you hate me now! Please forgive me! I also make beautiful music :D

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:09 pm

I'll forgive you because you gave me a new fun phrase to say! "De lift is caput!" Did you know caput means "head" in latin? and it means broken in german? THat's so cool! Macs really are better though. :)

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:02 am

Hey thanks!
I think you might love Dutch as well! It would go like that: "De lift is kapot". Sounds like German. Would you like the French version?

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:16 pm

Dumb question! if it's a foreign language, it's awsome! ;) I want to be trilungual!!! But no... I'm just a stupid monoglot American... :-p I did take four years of Latin, at least... Levator confectus est. Something like that, though the Romans didn't have a word for "elevator" and the word I chose would usually refer to a person rather than an object... Let's see how many different languages we can come up with for that!

Fingolfin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Fingolfin » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:08 pm

In Sindarin, the rough rough translation is "i orthad nad na lhaew" - Ortha- is the gerund "raising", and nad means "thing", which is as close as I could get to elevator, and lhaew means sickly or dying, so basically "the rasing thing is dying". :-p I'm much better at quenya.... Sindarin is a lot like gaelic, which is a very different language with all the lenited forms and everything. Only I don't know as much vocab. Well, I'm working on it.
Fingolfin beheld the ruin of the Noldor. Filled with wrath and despair he rode forth alone. A madness of rage was upon him; his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

And Morgoth came.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:30 am

Our dependence on the PC architecture stems from two main things: 1, I grew up with them and I'm more familiar with tweaking them and 2, they're a bit cheaper! Windoze does suck though.
:P
Fred

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:08 pm

Yes, that is often the case with windows users... ;) But be happy for Apple - their store is my battleground for world conversion to Glass Hammer! I just downloaded Morning Song and No Way to Her Heart on two new computers in the Mall of America today and started to play them... :-D The world will recognize you yet!!

JeffMc

I used to do Windows

Post by JeffMc » Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:56 pm

I actually helped write the NT kernel. Now i am a Mac freak. Now the Aqua interface on the NT kernel (not the Windoze Subsystem) would be nice.

But heck, it was my 3rd OS that I helped write. Time to use someone elses :) (I use the Mac to build an OS we wrote to put in embedded systems. Ok, I digress)

Oh, and the 23" HD display on my desk here is quite nice :)

Ok, I am bragging....

Back to iTunes and GH ;)
JeffMc
In the Quah, in Wa.
"My home is a place by the sand. Cliffs and
a military band, blow an air of normality"

Fingolfin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Fingolfin » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:23 pm

Go Macs! You know what's the coolest though? iPods! They are so cool. I want one. Anybody got a lot of money they don't need? (lol)

And Morgoth came.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:09 pm

Want to know something really cool about iTunes my friend and I just discovered today? You know how you can press that little spiral-like button right next to the eject and equalizer button, and it will make cool shapes and patterns using mathematical functions and other things? Well we figured out how to control it! You press "m" several times so that it will freeze on the image you like, and then press "q" or "w" to scan forward and backward across the top image of the little bouncing dots to change it form sine curves to parametric mode, to a bunch of circles, to nothing at all. Pressing "s" or "a" will make the pattern itself change (my favorite is Sea Creatures and Smoking Dandelion, but Swirling Votrex and Warpo Tunnel are really really hypnotizing... so is Unfolding Before you.) "z" and "x" change the color. I like firestorm. But anyway. Too much fun you can have with your (APPLE) comptuer. ;)

Fingolfin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Fingolfin » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:40 pm

Ha ha ha...

And Morgoth came.