Great article

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Great article

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:34 am

Theonering.net pointed me to a CBN.com article on the Christian perspective of Tolkien and his works. It says a lot, and Tolkien's ideas as presented in the article go a long way in explaining what I was after with Lex Rex. Read on...
http://www.cbn.com/living/entertainment ... ndlife.asp

:)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:56 pm

A beautiful article. :) That's why Harry Potter isn't even worthy of comparison to Tolkien's works: there's a difference between books to "escape" from the world, and books to delve deep into it.

Not to downplay tLotR in anyway, but the Silmarillion especially delves deepest, I think. Although the Lays of Beleriand are AWESOME! (Steve, you have to read the lay of Lethian! you'll love it!)
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:37 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:A beautiful article. :) Although the Lays of Beleriand are AWESOME! (Steve, you have to read the lay of Lethian! you'll love it!)
Then it shall be so. I'm back into The Worm Oroborus at the moment. Afterwards, I'll go for the Lays.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart