Amazing Show!

November 2005 - Belmont University

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

pktheater
Amateur
Amateur

Amazing Show!

Post by pktheater » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:35 pm

I got back from the show an hour ago and all I can say is that my soul is still singing from the wonderfully beautiful music I experienced. Run Lisette is one of my favorites and I'm not ashamed to admit I had tears welling in my eyes. That was the first of many times when I sat very still and was so very moved at the same time.

My thanks to all the fans I met and who were so cool. You made me feel welcome even when I was just being a wall flower. To the band, you guys were just amazing. I can't wait for the next album, the next concert, the next chance to experience one of the best bands of all time.

And the choir... I'm speechless.

Now if I can just find my blasted car... .

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:49 pm

**Jaw is still on the floor**

It was amazing. Beautiful. :angel: More to come later, along with selections of the 200+ pictures I took...
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

DruidsGlass
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by DruidsGlass » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:57 pm

i agree sooo much...it felt like a place where it was ok to let go and just be myself. very rare is that feeling these days.

but on a more serious note: steve, fred, everybody i love all you guys. it was a great experience to just get to hang out and talk with you. as i said earlier, if you ever need a roadie who'll work for free, i think i'm one of the closest willing people :wink: and God willing, i'll be there. (listening to On to Evermore, only missing live and revived and the middle earth album now i believe)

sam, rumpska, venividi: it was great to get to meet the family (or some of it anyway). may you be blessed in all that you do. o yea, i do have a way to record myself for whatever you're sequencing mr. rumpsa; send the part and i'll learn it real quick, record it, and throw it back at ya.

pk: be a little more active my friend, we'll miss you if you don't. and don't forget to post about the story concerning the clockwork...me...um..yea... good luck with your writing, keep at it and know that we (well, i am atleast) are all behind you. i know you'll be rich and famous one day.

ted: it was great to get to meet you man. had i been a bit older and not driving on friday night i'd have taken you up on your offer for drink... so, offer again in 2 years when i have a hotel within walking distance (hehe) good luck with stuff and have fun listening to GH in all their proggy goodness

brian: almost left you out man, lol. it was great, the best time i've had in many many weeks. if you need anything i can help you with, let me know and i'll get on it. thanks for the offer for the violin, i'm going to need it i'm sure.

This concert was wonderful. Easily the second best concert i've ever attended (with the best being the Yes show in Atlanta, sorry guys). Thanks to everyone who made it go. Only thing i could ask for would be more time to hang out with everyone.

ok, that's my 2 cents...ok so it's more like $20 worth, but it's all good.
We shall not let Word Association go quietly into the night!

Firebolt
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firebolt » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:58 am

I must second the words of my progeny (Druidsglass). I've been going to prog concerts since Yes's Close to the Edge Tour in the early 70's as well as playing in bands that covered Yes, ELP and King Crimson. This was up there with some of the best concerts I have seen. Great job, guys and girls!! I loved it and I also thank you for "looking out" for Michael. He still is and always will be a child to me even though he is already 19 and almost a foot taller than me. Anyway, great work and thanks for sharing it with all of us!!!

Rick Neal
I don't want to be room noise...generically speaking. (2nd Chapter of Acts)

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:06 am

Awwwww, you guys :oops: :oops:

I can't express how much fun it was getting to meet all you guys (or see you again, depending) You made it as fun for us as hopefully it was for you. And I don't mind coming second to Yes :P
Though that means that the next show we'll have to try a little harder :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:59 am

All right then, Fred, you know what this means. Next time you've gotta pull out the authentic Anglo-Saxon poetry with stuff on fire and dancing bears. And more cowbell.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

dr.amy

Post by dr.amy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:00 am

I am still speechless.

Magic. That was magic.
"I look East, West, North, South, and I do not see Sauron, but I see that Saruman has many descendants. We Hobbits have against them no magic weapons. Yet, my gentlehobbits, I give you this toast: To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, from a 1958 speech

pktheater
Amateur
Amateur

Post by pktheater » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:41 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:All right then, Fred, you know what this means. Next time you've gotta pull out the authentic Anglo-Saxon poetry with stuff on fire and dancing bears. And more cowbell.
Irony alert: I was sitting and thinking about how I might describe the evening on Live Journal and continued to picture the Subject: Precisely Enough Cowbell.

Anglo-saon poetry = good. Dancing bears reading Anglo-Saxon poetry = better. Dancing bears reading anglo-Saxon poetry while surrounded by flaming cow-bells = priceless.

For everything else, there's Glass Hammer.

pktheater
Amateur
Amateur

Post by pktheater » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:43 am

I've already thanked her in person, but I'd also like to take this time to thank the person behind it all, dr.amy. I only wish I'd been able to attend the conference. You've set the bar high for me and mine when we talk about the next Hypericon.

Dr. Edward Morbius
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dr. Edward Morbius » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:10 am

Last edited by Dr. Edward Morbius on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:44 am

That was an awesome concert, and it was great to meet all you guys. I'm not good at reviewing stuff, so just because this post is short, it doesn't mean that the concert was not the best I've been to. It was the best concert I've been to, though.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:40 am

Exhausted but happy. I'm glad you all were there!
:)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Shreddy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shreddy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:00 pm

It was so much fun playing at Belmont !
I was so thrilled being on stage with all the others.
I want to thank all the fans from the bottom of my heart.
I really felt welcomed and acepted by all of you. You really are the best fans in the world !!!
Thank you so much for everything !
I have to admit that I was a little (a lot !!!) nervous for my forst show with GH. But all of you made it very easy and it was a true blessing to meet you all !
Thanks again,
looking forward to spend more time with you at the next show !
God bless !

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:08 pm

DAM..Why are planes so expansive... :cry:

Time for an European tour.. please? :lol:
When the time is there I will be standing at the front row..
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

I am beat!

Post by Elric » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:30 pm

Wow what a show!

Thanks to the guys from GH and Salem Hill that put on a great show! I was lucky enough to be on front row, but anywhere in that venue would have been a good place to see this show.

Hats off to the people that came from great distances to see this. I was glad to meet other GH fans.

Listening to the CDs is nice, but seeing the show live is incredible. I will be there at the Tivoli to see you guys in January.

.......reason I am beat is that YesHead777 convinced us to relive the old days and see Stryper as a follow-up since they were in town too. Got home at 4 am.......(they have not lost their touch with the times)

Your concert has been the high-light of the year for me! I will be bringing lots of others to the next show!

BTW Shreddy....you kicked butt :) .

Thanks also for being so kind to all the fans and spending lots of time with us after the show!
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush