The Spirit of Lisette

November 2005 - Belmont University

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

The Spirit of Lisette

Post by Reepicheep » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:17 pm

Here is the short, but eerie tale of the GH Girls "run in" with Lisette the weekend of the concert.

Part one:

Bethany and I drove up to Nashville together Friday evening and decided to take the time to go through our set and practice our vocals.
As we were singing, we got an overwhelming craving for for McDonalds fries, as disgusting as that is, and decided to stop in Manchester, which is roughly half way between Chattanooga and Nashville.
After we got off the off ramp, the music was at the first vocal section where all three girls sing, and we began to sing our respective parts ( "Why does the horse now tarry, while here he sits exposed" and "Run Lisette and become the wind, we must hasten now, lest we meet our end").
At the exact moment that began to sing, we looked out the window to our right, and in the middle of nowhere, stood a statue, a very, very LARGE statue of a galloping brown horse. Yes, strange indeed, and we both cried, "Lisette!!!!!"

Part two:

Around 1:30 P.M. on Saturday, the day of our performance, we had just finished lunch on the Belmont Campus and Susie, Bryan, baby Tyler and I were all walking together back to our dressing rooms.
Susie and Bryan were merrily strolling their little one, and I was walking along side with my trusty iPod and the GH set list playing.
I don't know who spotted it first, but suddenly, we all looked up-
Out of NO where, what can only be described as some sort of horse balloon, (or at least a very light weight toy) floated down from the sky and landed on top of one of the brick buildings, out of sight. Susie exclaimed, "It's Lisette!" and once again I was dumbfounded.
Was it the Spirit of Lisette?? Was it a good omen, or a bad omen?
Well, none of us were bitten or disemboweled, so I can only assume the beast was pleased with the song that was written in her honor.

What do you all think?
Buster:"Sister is my new mother, Mother..."

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:20 pm

I think you had some of Ronald's "special" fries...

*EVIL CLOWN ALERT!*

:P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:27 pm

http://www.napoleonic-literature.com/Book_2/V1C30.html

Mayhaps it is time for a fresh reminder of the Glory that was the horse Lisette. The link above will take you to the Memoirs of Baron Marbot, and the very same chapter which inspired our little tune :)
Enjoy...
Steve 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:18 pm

Good omen, I would say. Lisette was one of my favorites at the concert.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:52 pm

hehe, cool
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:41 pm

SuperTed wrote:I think you had some of Ronald's "special" fries...

*EVIL CLOWN ALERT!*

:P
Very funny! Lisette lives! But I just re-read the story, and the first Lisette sighting was before they consumed the "special" fries. By the way, I must be the only one who finds McDonalds french fries to be overrated....
And now for something completly different...

pktheater
Amateur
Amateur

Post by pktheater » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:15 pm

I find McDonald's to be overrated altogether. Somehow I don't think it's a true representation of Scottish food.

Run Lisette is my favorite hands down. Knowing the spirit is out there, though, is kinda scary.
Where does one purchase a witty and apropos signature?

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:45 pm

pktheater wrote:I find McDonald's to be overrated altogether. Somehow I don't think it's a true representation of Scottish food.
:lol: :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:19 am

pktheater wrote:I find McDonald's to be overrated altogether. Somehow I don't think it's a true representation of Scottish food.
For the record, I believe in my heart that McDonalds is evil, and disgusting as well.
But the fries are so tasty. I think I've only eaten there twice in the last 6 years, and it's only been for fries.

However, that doesn't make it any better since the fries are one of the worst things there.
Anyone else see Supersize Me? They left fries out for months, and they didn't even mold. Siiiiiiiiiiick. Gotta love those cancer causing preservatives.
Buster:"Sister is my new mother, Mother..."

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:39 am

McD's has sunk so for below the level of edibility it's not ven funny. it's the cheese- whatever they use for cheese is pure evil. I'm the biggest fat-food junkie you could find and I can't eat the stuff. I think I'd rather eat Krystals. But the fries are still the best.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

robjob

Post by robjob » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:21 am

Several years ago, I had an opportunity to go up on an airplane with a vanilla milkshake from McDonalds. Somewhere around 2000 feet or so, the shake began to defy the laws of natural science and physics and metamorphize into something that in no way resembled a milkshake. Perhaps, someone from the left brain side of the class could enlighten.

God Bless

Rob
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:10

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:31 am

They reheat their fries, and they just have flavoring tubs, with hamburger or fry flavors that they put on the food.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

bb
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bb » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:01 pm

There's no need to eat McD's fries anyway. I jumped ship to Arby's curly-fries long ago. Run screaming from anything with the Arby's ersatz cheese on it, but the fries are lovely. There's just no reason to go into McD's any more, and I haven't for years. (When I get my semiannual craving for barf-burger, Burger King does the job. Ugh.)

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:26 pm

Reepicheep wrote:
For the record, I believe in my heart that McDonalds is evil, and disgusting as well.

Anyone else see Supersize Me? They left fries out for months, and they didn't even mold. Siiiiiiiiiiick. Gotta love those cancer causing preservatives.
Didn't see the movie, but that huy had an agenda. What is that, fast food is bad for you? Well DUH!!!! Next thing they will tell us is that cigarette smoking is also bad for you. But I happen to like those cancer causing preservatives. Nothing is worse than purely organic food. Chemicals are our friends!
And now for something completly different...

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:38 pm

yyzmoose wrote:
Didn't see the movie, but that huy had an agenda. What is that, fast food is bad for you? Well DUH!!!! Next thing they will tell us is that cigarette smoking is also bad for you. But I happen to like those cancer causing preservatives. Nothing is worse than purely organic food. Chemicals are our friends!
Plus his body didn't have the proper training to survive McDonalds when he slammed it. It was only used to healthy food. That's like taking up drinking a pint of cheap vodka a day for a non-drinker.

Arby's is great overall but the fries are no comparison.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]