A Chattanooga review / <g>

November 2005 - Belmont University

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

A Chattanooga review / <g>

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:07 am

Okay folks, here is an example of Chattanooga support. We send DVDs to the local ent. paper (The Enigma) for review. We do this merely to see the resulting confusion, not to promote our band locally. The owner of the Enigma is a good friend, so please do not bombard him with emails regarding this review. The paper has done at least 2 Glass Hammer covers. They are friends! Its just that the reviewers don't get it. This guy doesn't hate us - don't get me wrong. But maybe before he does a more in-depth review of the DVD (which he promises to do), it wouldn't hurt to have a few fans email him (nicely) to explain just who we are. This needs to be done before the promotion begins for the fall show.
There has always been a local myth that we are a 'new-age' band. I don't even know what that is. But we need to stop that and get this guy on track. If you email him - be KIND :)
Here's the review...

Glass Hammer
Live At Belmont
Arion Records

Glass Hammer presents Live At Belmont, a double DVD detailing the bands affinity for big production and big songs. A progressive adventure based on new age and guitar leads Live At Belmont is a lengthy project crammed with more musical information than every Yes album combined. But can progressive, sci-fi and new age live together.

I would be a fool to over look the amount of time and energy has been but into this project. I would also be a fool not to rip on the guitar player for wearing a nine dollar tee-shirt that reads ‘More Guitar’ to his one hundred thousand dollar video production. Maybe it’s one of those superstition things. I applaud Glass Hammer for being so pro and working so hard on this project. I don’t know why they don’t do more Chattanooga shows. I guess that is more about the market than them. I could really do a two-pager on this DVD and it deserves it. It also deserves more than one hundred words. So I’ll take another look at this DVD in the future.

Glass Hammer has everything for the progressive nerd core tunesmith and little for any one else. The bands popularity in Europe and Asia means two things. They will always be huge in Europe and Asia and will most likely never make a big wave stateside. If you are hungry for climax and epics that reach no destination, Glass Hammer deserves you’re attention. They also need to open for Spinal Tap. Until then visit www.glasshammer.com.

Okay - I just searched enigmaonline.com and could not find an email address for anyone. You can call them at...(423) 267-6072. Do so as fans, not as reps. of GH. And let me know if you do. Call them up and get the reviewers email address. Or email the editor.

This is where Yeshead and Co. can really be of help to us. Just keep it civil! We appreciate their coverage, we just need to explain what GH is. They think we aren't big in the states - only in Europe. They need to know we pulled 700 people in Nashville. Let them know about the Tivoli show and the big choirs from Lee and GPS that are involved. Make sure they drop the 'new-age' and 'sci-fi' stuff. Get busy and THANKS!!!!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Re: A Chattanooga review / <g>

Post by johnc » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:44 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:I would also be a fool not to rip on the guitar player for wearing a nine dollar tee-shirt that reads ‘More Guitar’ to his one hundred thousand dollar video production. Maybe it’s one of those superstition things.
Wow. Hope this reviewer never sees any pics of NoiseDotCom shows--he'd take one look at loud tasteless pants and I might never hear the end of it. T-shirts and jeans ARE acceptable performer clothing.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.