For all your strange stuff!!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Post Reply
User avatar
Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 1723
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:44 am
Location: 5:43 PM
Contact:

Post by Rumpska » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Lol, yea, that's been around for a while. Good stuff.

User avatar
MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 2273
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:08 am
Contact:

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 pm

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:35 am
Location: The short bus

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:08 pm

OMG. It's not that the guitar stuff on the Jake E. Lee video is all THAT funny- it's the sound he dubbed in of Ozzy clapping and making noises that made me laugh so hard I cried. I actually cried.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:35 am
Location: The short bus

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:15 am

OK, get through THIS without wetting your pants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNoZg9kl-zE&NR=1

Someone post it at PE as a prog video. PLEASE. I triple dog dare you.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

User avatar
MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 2273
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:08 am
Contact:

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:55 am

FredProgGH wrote:OK, get through THIS without wetting your pants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNoZg9kl-zE&NR=1

Someone post it at PE as a prog video. PLEASE. I triple dog dare you.
Fortunately I'd already been to the bathroom this morning. They all look so proud and so very stupid. We have to do a GH version ourselves before someone else does!!!
:lol:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

User avatar
Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3803
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:27 pm
Location: The World of Ideas
Contact:

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:37 pm

FredProgGH wrote:OK, get through THIS without wetting your pants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNoZg9kl-zE&NR=1

Someone post it at PE as a prog video. PLEASE. I triple dog dare you.
SO... EXCRICIATINGLY... IRRITATING!! And it doesn't help that youtube froze so I couldn't stop it!!

So I don't get it - is this someone dubbing them over with terrible (and completely unrelated) music? Or do they really suck that much?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:35 am
Location: The short bus

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:40 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:
SO... EXCRICIATINGLY... IRRITATING!! And it doesn't help that youtube froze so I couldn't stop it!!

So I don't get it - is this someone dubbing them over with terrible (and completely unrelated) music? Or do they really suck that much?
*lol* No, trust me, Santana's band is EXTREMELY talented. It's a parody- read the article in Steve's post. It's the same guy.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

User avatar
MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 2273
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:08 am
Contact:

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:24 am

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

User avatar
Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:09 am
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall
Contact:

Post by Losfer Words » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:51 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

hmmm? opinions?
All networked broadcasts with live mics are time delayed both on video and audio for a variety of reasons but mainly for censors to prevent stuff (Janet may have another wardrobe malfunction, the anti Colt fans may launch the F bomb, or a rap artist may point out Mr. Bush's lack of love for african americans during a Katrina charity).

It's the audio time delay feedbacking into it's own circuit.
Any musician with a delay effect in their arsenal of tools should be able replicate a similar sound on an open mic that's delayed by getting it close enough to a speaker (or even headphones).

I have no doubt whatsoever, that by the end of this week, the conspiracy theory nuts will have this tied into aliens, 911 and god only knows what else on coast to coast am and rense.com
On a crystal morning I can see the dewdrops falling
Down from a gleaming heaven, I can hear the voices calling
When you comin' home now, son, this world is not for you

User avatar
Lelulily
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Mud Island

Post by Lelulily » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:59 pm

OK, since we're on a sports related video...check this one out.

Well, it's really not entirely sports related, but it cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHXXZwfGrP4

(Someone may have posted this...I didn't want to check through 57 pages. Sorry if this is the case.)

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:35 am
Location: The short bus

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:47 am

"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:49 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by mflorio » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:24 pm

You may have seen this one, but for those who haven't:

Yes, Murphy's law applies to playing along with backing tracks!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/musical-inst ... 313005.php
http://www.massdream.com

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:49 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by mflorio » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 am

Losfer Words wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

hmmm? opinions?
All networked broadcasts with live mics are time delayed both on video and audio for a variety of reasons but mainly for censors to prevent stuff (Janet may have another wardrobe malfunction, the anti Colt fans may launch the F bomb, or a rap artist may point out Mr. Bush's lack of love for african americans during a Katrina charity).

It's the audio time delay feedbacking into it's own circuit.
Any musician with a delay effect in their arsenal of tools should be able replicate a similar sound on an open mic that's delayed by getting it close enough to a speaker (or even headphones).

I have no doubt whatsoever, that by the end of this week, the conspiracy theory nuts will have this tied into aliens, 911 and god only knows what else on coast to coast am and rense.com
Or, could have just been a glitch in the Matrix ! 8)
http://www.massdream.com

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:35 am
Location: The short bus

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:19 am

mflorio wrote: Or, could have just been a glitch in the Matrix ! 8)
*Into wristwatch*
We have one who can See.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:49 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by mflorio » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 am

Someone just sent me these and I had to share them!

Too technical for women:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O23kyUv4x1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Fg2OHaCTo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC4-J2CqDbs

Mike
http://www.massdream.com

Post Reply