3RP show thread

Pittsburgh, PA - Summer of 2009

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

3RP show thread

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 am

Okay Steve, know you're busy but its about time to open up the 3RP show thread to keep us updated on rehearsals, possible set list,etc.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: 3RP show thred

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:45 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Okay Steve, know you're busy but its about time to open up the 3RP show thread to keep us updated on rehearsals, possible set list,etc.
We will not reveal the set list, though I can provide some hints. There will be at least 1 epic, 1 classic GH song, a ton of never-before-heard-brand-spankin'-new GH, and a decent helping of older material we've never played before.
Hows that????
Its going to be a killer set!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:22 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
yeshead 777 wrote:Okay Steve, know you're busy but its about time to open up the 3RP show thread to keep us updated on rehearsals, possible set list,etc.
We will not reveal the set list, though I can provide some hints. There will be at least 1 epic, 1 classic GH song, a ton of never-before-heard-brand-spankin'-new GH, and a decent helping of older material we've never played before.
Hows that????
Its going to be a killer set!
Steve
It most definitely is!!!!Gonna span you're whole career! Can't wait!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sun May 10, 2009 1:18 am

MayorOfLongview wrote: ...and a decent helping of older material we've never played before...
cool. who's idea was that to play the older stuff? no doubt it will be a killer set!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 am

Fred and Steve - joint idea. We're going to really have to bust our _____s to learn this thing!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun May 10, 2009 12:28 pm

interesting =)

However, you all have always done some amazing things in your live shows...

Live @ NEARFest still gives me absolute goosebumps - and that's *before* the choir songs
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sun May 10, 2009 11:45 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Fred and Steve - joint idea. We're going to really have to bust our _____s to learn this thing!
tell me i'm dreaming of course ... but dream away i will - hopefully it gets filmed in some sort of way for us overseas fans! as if you didn't have enough on your mind learning the setlist i know. even if some fan films it on a camcorder or something (i'm just putting it out there cos if someone on the forum is happening to be there and has a desire for that sort of thing...)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 am

shanocles wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:Fred and Steve - joint idea. We're going to really have to bust our _____s to learn this thing!
tell me i'm dreaming of course ... but dream away i will - hopefully it gets filmed in some sort of way for us overseas fans! as if you didn't have enough on your mind learning the setlist i know. even if some fan films it on a camcorder or something (i'm just putting it out there cos if someone on the forum is happening to be there and has a desire for that sort of thing...)
Update....
The set list has been revisited and changes have been made, and the 3RP lineup has taken shape at last - not what we originally envisioned, but ultimately what we're the happiest with. Matt, David, Fred, Susie and yours truly will make the trip to PA in August. This is a tight group of friends who have a shared history and vision of what GH is and should be. Work on the album is moving along rapidly too, though its too soon to say when we'll release it. More to come...

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:14 am

Susie!!!!!!

widowspeak
Amateur
Amateur

Post by widowspeak » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:34 pm

No Robert Streets ?

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:29 am

FredProgGH wrote:Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
thats a pretty loud shhhh fred. is it going to be a surprise?
BTW can't wait to hear robert's vocals on the new album. very much looking forward to some new Glasshammer stuff. you guys get constant airplay on my mp3 player thats for sure.
shadowlands and lex rex of late.
to me, GH lyrics never seem just 'put together' or 'just tacked on' (as can be the case with prog because of its focus on the music) but steve's lyrics are an integral part of the GH experience for me. it definitely adds to the emotion of each listen. also, as a Christian i really agree with what's being sung, so i can really sing along whole-heartedly!
when you see steve next, tell him i'm really thankful.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:00 am

shanocles wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
thats a pretty loud shhhh fred. is it going to be a surprise?
BTW can't wait to hear robert's vocals on the new album. very much looking forward to some new Glasshammer stuff. you guys get constant airplay on my mp3 player thats for sure.
shadowlands and lex rex of late.
to me, GH lyrics never seem just 'put together' or 'just tacked on' (as can be the case with prog because of its focus on the music) but steve's lyrics are an integral part of the GH experience for me. it definitely adds to the emotion of each listen. also, as a Christian i really agree with what's being sung, so i can really sing along whole-heartedly!
when you see steve next, tell him i'm really thankful.
Glad you really enjoy the lyrics. (A lot of thought is put into them and I'm glad they're appreciated!) Fred's writing some too for this album. Very cool...
The only singers we're currently working with on the new album are Susie and, well, ourselves. Plans change. Same with the show. Susie will front the band on much of the show, and provide backups for the rest. So it's the five us us now, Matt, David (Shreddy), Fred, Susie and myself. No surprises - we promise :)

widowspeak
Amateur
Amateur

Post by widowspeak » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 am

Line up sounds great, Steve. After the job Susie did on SSOTS & Darkly fronting the band on those occasions live, 3RP should be fantastic. Looking forward to it.

Jihem

Post by Jihem » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:16 pm

Steve, now I know what you meant last sunday by "there have been some changes for the concert".
I didn't see that coming but can't wait to hear you again live!

Jean-Marc