Wii?

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Wii?

Post by Japes » Sun May 10, 2009 9:45 am

Hey, recently I've been getting lots of friends with Wiis and exchanging codes to communicate and play games and stuff =)
Well, I was wondering if anyone here has a Wii that would like to exchange codes.

My friend codes:
Wii#: 7204-6244-7902-6830
SuperSmashBrosBrawl#: 4854-6096-2229
MarioKartWii#: 4554-1062-8343
ExciteBots:TrickRacing: 1075-7098-5090
Onslaught(WiiWare): 1161-5176-7603
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Just renewing this thread to make sure it hasn't been overlooked, just in case anybody has a Wii.
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:36 pm

No Wii. Would dig one though. I have a PS3 but I use it for BluRay.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:12 pm

FredProgGH wrote:No Wii. Would dig one though. I have a PS3 but I use it for BluRay.
hey is blu-ray all its cracked up to be or what? (coming from a guy who has a 13yr old dvd player and wonders how long it can go on for)

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:16 am

shanocles wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:No Wii. Would dig one though. I have a PS3 but I use it for BluRay.
hey is blu-ray all its cracked up to be or what? (coming from a guy who has a 13yr old dvd player and wonders how long it can go on for)
Absolutely, if you have a display that will show the difference. On an old CRT, I wouldn't bother. On a good HD display you'll be pretty blown away.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:09 am

oh ok. i still gots the ol' CRT thang. in fact it probably hasn't been turned on since tour de france ... actually that's not true, i recently borrowed a series on monarchy from library since then. very interesting actually. (ramble, ramble)
so what movies have blown you away in blu-ray world lately fred?

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:39 am

I've been considering getting a PS3, especially since the price drop and the release of the slim, but that might only happen when I get an hd tv, though that may be fairly soon. In any case, if I do get one I'll be sure to let everyone know. =)

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Well how about this, does anyone have a Nintendo DS? =D

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:14 am

Japes wrote:Well how about this, does anyone have a Nintendo DS? =D
i don't even know what it is bro.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 am

I wish I would have had one. Those things are INCREDIBLE tools for study of East Asian languages - one of the best (and only!) electronic dictionaries where you can look up a character by *drawing* it, not by painstakingly flipping through all the different sections of its radicals.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:I wish I would have had one. Those things are INCREDIBLE tools for study of East Asian languages - one of the best (and only!) electronic dictionaries where you can look up a character by *drawing* it, not by painstakingly flipping through all the different sections of its radicals.
So I take it you have studied such? That's cool, what particular languages? And, wow, I didn't realize it had something like that, that's nifty!

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Japanese. Yeah, that technology makes it more easy than it has even been in the history of the world to learn to read those crazy character systems. (All other factors equal, of course)

Also, due to the fact that it had such a good dictionary function, most of my classmates brought their DS with them to Japan when I was there for summer study abroad - which resulted in many, many multiplayer battles of MarioKart during our occasional countryside tours. Once when we took a bus trip with Japanese college students from the local university, an American held up his DS to start a multiplyer game, and immediately all the Japanese students pulled out theirs as well, and soon there were angry shouts about blue mushrooms in TWO languages. Ah, the riches of cultural exchange. Thanks, Nintendo.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:Japanese. Yeah, that technology makes it more easy than it has even been in the history of the world to learn to read those crazy character systems. (All other factors equal, of course)

Also, due to the fact that it had such a good dictionary function, most of my classmates brought their DS with them to Japan when I was there for summer study abroad - which resulted in many, many multiplayer battles of MarioKart during our occasional countryside tours. Once when we took a bus trip with Japanese college students from the local university, an American held up his DS to start a multiplyer game, and immediately all the Japanese students pulled out theirs as well, and soon there were angry shouts about blue mushrooms in TWO languages. Ah, the riches of cultural exchange. Thanks, Nintendo.
That's awesome! Going to Japan would be an amazing experience!

Oh, on another note, you should look up a DS game called Scribblenauts, even though you don't have one. It's really cool, and it's coming out tomorrow. What it does is it gives you a simple puzzle, and between using what is given and your character, you must write in objects/people to try and accomplish the task. You can write practically anything! The programmers have over 10,000 objects in the game. Anyway, Toys R Us has a $15 gift card deal if you buy the game tomorrow, so that's what I'm doing (50% off basically). I can't wait!

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:50 pm

I almost bought the Spanish-teaching game once. Would've complimented my college Spanish class quite well, I think.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Japes wrote: Oh, on another note, you should look up a DS game called Scribblenauts, even though you don't have one. It's really cool, and it's coming out tomorrow. What it does is it gives you a simple puzzle, and between using what is given and your character, you must write in objects/people to try and accomplish the task. You can write practically anything! The programmers have over 10,000 objects in the game. Anyway, Toys R Us has a $15 gift card deal if you buy the game tomorrow, so that's what I'm doing (50% off basically). I can't wait!
I have heard of this game! It sounds SO AWESOME!! But only if they have "hippopotamus" in their list of 10,000 things.