New Album - writing begins....

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:32 am

Wow, Sound Resources must be a hopping place lately!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 am

are you doing a new cd sleeve/artwork for this one?

was just listening to 'through a glass darkly' yesterday...
how can it be made to sound any better, it sounds very good already?!?! or is it a secret of an inconsolable nature? [cheesy, sorry;)]

hope it sells bucketloads for ya's, its a very good piece of work/music.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:45 am

shanocles wrote:are you doing a new cd sleeve/artwork for this one?

was just listening to 'through a glass darkly' yesterday...
how can it be made to sound any better, it sounds very good already?!?! or is it a secret of an inconsolable nature? [cheesy, sorry;)]

hope it sells bucketloads for ya's, its a very good piece of work/music.
I think we'll be doing new artwork for the discs. Its tentatively titled "Lirazel - The Inconsolable Secret Revisited".
Glass Darkly needed some additional tweaking by Fred, and we re-recorded Susie's lead vocal. The essence of that song will not change - just the overall sound :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:30 am

I can't wait to have at least this IS, cause for me it's still nearly impossible to get the original.

Can I ask...how about Walter vocals? Will you, Fred and Steve, get his role on the new IS?

:D
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:40 pm

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester wrote:I can't wait to have at least this IS, cause for me it's still nearly impossible to get the original.

Can I ask...how about Walter vocals? Will you, Fred and Steve, get his role on the new IS?

Walter's vocals will not be removed from this album - only in spots and on certain songs. Susie will do some of it, along with some new folks in other places. :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
TheMarsh-WiggleQuester wrote:I can't wait to have at least this IS, cause for me it's still nearly impossible to get the original.

Walter's vocals will not be removed from this album - only in spots and on certain songs. Susie will do some of it, along with some new folks in other places. :)
Wow! It's much better than I thought!

I think, personally, that Walter vocals are a kind of mark in many songs on IS, like KotN, MoC and Long and Long Ago,
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Aww, Long and Long Ago is such a good song. Are you going to turn up the choir at the end? Pretty please?? :D
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:Aww, Long and Long Ago is such a good song. Are you going to turn up the choir at the end? Pretty please?? :D
Indeed we are :)

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 pm

I absolutely LOVE Walter's voice, so as far as I'm concerned, the more the better :)
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:00 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Sam Gamgee wrote:Aww, Long and Long Ago is such a good song. Are you going to turn up the choir at the end? Pretty please?? :D
cool and double cool. any approx release date??

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:57 am

shanocles wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:
I was wondering the same thing
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Japes wrote:
shanocles wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote: Indeed we are :)
No idea on a release yet. But work continues. We may get a shot at recording Susie on the end of Long and Long Ago in about 1 hour. She's heading this way to sing another tune right now - so if time permits we'll be that much closer.
Steve

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:12 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Japes wrote:
shanocles wrote: cool and double cool. any approx release date??
No idea on a release yet. But work continues. We may get a shot at recording Susie on the end of Long and Long Ago in about 1 hour. She's heading this way to sing another tune right now - so if time permits we'll be that much closer.
Steve
Great! Just great!!!
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:01 pm

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:
Japes wrote: I was wondering the same thing
Steve
Great! Just great!!!
all the best with it steve.

p.s. i really just wanted to get another quote inside of a square, kinda like magic eye or something. hehe.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:21 am

shanocles wrote:
TheMarsh-WiggleQuester wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote: No idea on a release yet. But work continues. We may get a shot at recording Susie on the end of Long and Long Ago in about 1 hour. She's heading this way to sing another tune right now - so if time permits we'll be that much closer.
Steve
Great! Just great!!!
all the best with it steve.

p.s. i really just wanted to get another quote inside of a square, kinda like magic eye or something. hehe.
Yeah, mega-quotes are fun! We had one that was, like, nested 25 deep once...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]