Glass Hammer Party

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Glass Hammer Party

Post by Japes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Just had this idea the other day. What if, sometime, Glass Hammer fans held a party for the forum-goers here on the east coast? I've seen lots of forums that have done stuff like this pretty successfully, and the GH forums are fairly small, so it would be pretty manageable. I'm still in High School, so I wouldn't really be able to attend something like this for a few years, but it would be really cool for some of the "hardcore" fans who haven't met GH in the flesh, to do so. Anywho, just throwin' it out there, cuz' I thought it seemed like a coolio idea.

:)
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 pm

The 20th Anniversary would be a good opportunity!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:The 20th Anniversary would be a good opportunity!
But will any of us be in existence after 2012?
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

aswas

Post by aswas » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 pm

20th Anniversary-that sounds cool. not too far away either. What could we do?
seasons will pass you by..I get up..I get down

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:12 am

If its in NJ or eastern PA, I'll be there.
And now for something completly different

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 am

how bout Chattanooga,TN.???
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 am

yeshead 777 wrote:how bout Chattanooga,TN.???
Nah, that place sux :P
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:20 pm

LOL I think if anyone can make it up to Bethlehem for NEARFest (even if you aren't attending) this year, I would be more than happy to treat y'all to some food and drink!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Bnielsen wrote:LOL I think if anyone can make it up to Bethlehem for NEARFest (even if you aren't attending) this year, I would be more than happy to treat y'all to some food and drink!
When and how much is that?

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Japes, more info can be found here:

http://www.nearfest.com
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Bnielsen wrote:Japes, more info can be found here:

http://www.nearfest.com
Hmmm.... $50 isn't bad at all for the Friday balcony seats... I may just have to look into this a bit more.