Introduce yourself!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Welcome aswas. (Does your name have significance, or are you simply a lazy typist? ;)) We've been a kind of quiet or chill forum as of late, for some reason, but feel free to dig up old topics or stir things up. We're all (mostly) listening, i think, just not speaking, like old acquaintances on a car ride, blasting a little GH on the sound system.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

aswas

Post by aswas » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks for the response. Actually Aswas96 was the the of the band I was in for a few years started in 1996-2002 in St Pete Fl. I played keyboards, and it was a lot of fun. I kinda just kept the name. Silly I know. Ok. I will just look through the material and check in a couple times a week. I appreciate it very much. Daniel
seasons will pass you by..I get up..I get down

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 am

AS we have more info on the new project things will probably start to pick up again. It's definitely quiet at the moment!
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

aswas

Post by aswas » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks Fred, and I can't wait!!!!!!!! I enjoy the forum and reading the old stuff. Oh, that Roland rack for the Melletron sounds, will that work through the Korg M3 Workstation? If so, that is my goal, to watch for one. How many tron sounds does it have? Didn't know if my email went through that I sent. Blessings Daniel
seasons will pass you by..I get up..I get down

wesman

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by wesman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:56 am

Wow kinda WAY past due for my intro.

I am probably the 3rd GlassHammer fan.

I promised many many years ago to keep the previous lives of those involved a mystery and shall keep that promise yet.

I worked with Steve for some time before the foundation of GH became a reality.

I believe his mistrust of me stems from igniting a lead singer and having the local fire dept show up on 2 diff occasions during 1 week.

Black Powder Flashpots and oil based fog machines are the culprits not me.

And in my defense I only ever caught 1 person sorta on fire, just a spandex covered arm. sheesh.
Ask Gene how many times he caught his hair on fire.

I just wanna play again.

Wes

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 am

wesman wrote:Wow kinda WAY past due for my intro.

I am probably the 3rd GlassHammer fan.

I promised many many years ago to keep the previous lives of those involved a mystery and shall keep that promise yet.

I worked with Steve for some time before the foundation of GH became a reality.

I believe his mistrust of me stems from igniting a lead singer and having the local fire dept show up on 2 diff occasions during 1 week.

Black Powder Flashpots and oil based fog machines are the culprits not me.

And in my defense I only ever caught 1 person sorta on fire, just a spandex covered arm. sheesh.
Ask Gene how many times he caught his hair on fire.

I just wanna play again.

Wes
LOL - Hey Wes! I will NEVER forget the night you caught Tim on fire. And I'm sure he won't either. Could have been REALLY bad will all the hairspray and spandex - but thankfully - its just a funny memory now. For those who wish to know...Wes and I used to starve together in the 80's. We must have traveled thousands of miles and had a hundred adventures. ...."You will pay, pay, pay, pay...." <g>
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Ooh! Tell us some good old stories about our mayor, please? =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

wesman

Post by wesman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 am

I wish that I could. I am not at liberty to discuss many of the best adventures.

Usually what happens on the road stays on the road.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:29 pm

wesman wrote:I wish that I could. I am not at liberty to discuss many of the best adventures.

Usually what happens on the road stays on the road.

:oops:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SpriteBat

Post by SpriteBat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello everyone! I've been a huge Glass Hammer fan since around 2008, and I now have most of their albums. I was just never able to get on this forum until recently (plus I'm kinda anti-facebook).

I like many kinds of music, although prog rock has definitely been my biggest obsession for the past 2-3 years. GH is not only my favorite prog group, but also one of my favorite bands of all time. I guess the main reason I love them so much is because their music never gets old. It's like the opposite of most other music in the sense that the more I hear, the more I crave. There have been times when I went months listening to basically nothing but GH every day.

If Steve and/or Fred read this, I just want to say thank you so much for everything. You have truly changed the way I think about music, something that very few artists have ever done for me. *cyber-hug* :)

-Travis Johnson

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Welcome to the forums, Travis! I wish you could have been here in the heyday (around The Inconsolable Secret release) but theres still a few regulars lurking around.

theres a LOT of old interesting posts in here, and a lot of non interesting ones (word association death!).
Brian Nielsen

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:12 am

Bnielsen wrote:Welcome to the forums, Travis! I wish you could have been here in the heyday (around The Inconsolable Secret release) but theres still a few regulars lurking around.

theres a LOT of old interesting posts in here, and a lot of non interesting ones (word association death!).
RIP
The world is smaller than you think!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 pm

SpriteBat wrote:Hello everyone! I've been a huge Glass Hammer fan since around 2008, and I now have most of their albums. I was just never able to get on this forum until recently (plus I'm kinda anti-facebook).

I like many kinds of music, although prog rock has definitely been my biggest obsession for the past 2-3 years. GH is not only my favorite prog group, but also one of my favorite bands of all time. I guess the main reason I love them so much is because their music never gets old. It's like the opposite of most other music in the sense that the more I hear, the more I crave. There have been times when I went months listening to basically nothing but GH every day.

If Steve and/or Fred read this, I just want to say thank you so much for everything. You have truly changed the way I think about music, something that very few artists have ever done for me. *cyber-hug* :)

-Travis Johnson
Hey Travis - great to hear from you. I like our Facebook group - but it is no where near as fun as our forum was (back in the day). But hopefully people will begin to make their way back to us. Check out the threads - tons of interesting discussion of GH music here. Glad to know you're a fan!
Steve Babb

msuitt

Post by msuitt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks, Brian for adding my account. I was introduced to Glass Hammer by an old friend of mine a few years back when I was looking for more good prog. I've been snatching up albums ever since that day, and have enjoyed my interaction with the fans and the musicians.

I've been a fan of prog for a long time (since around 83 or so at age 13) and started like many do on Yes, Floyd, Genesis, etc.

I've grown an eclectic taste in music that spans many genres over the years, but none as enduring as prog. The sound of mellotron, hammond, and moog is like an angel choir to me, and that probably wont ever change.

Thanks Steve & Fred for being so accessible to your fans, and I look forward to hanging out and hopefully adding to the forum chat.

Cheers!
~Mike

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 am

Welcome to the forums, Mike!

Dig around and stir some old topics up - there's some goodderns around here
Brian Nielsen