New Album Progress

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

New Album Progress

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri May 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Unbelievably, 80% of the guitar for the new album is finished. Final vocal tracks are being recorded too. We Be Happy!
Expect a 74+ minute long album of epic length tracks and a brand new lineup of musicians and a new lead vocalist. (Sadly, Susie is moving several hours away - but she'll be back with us eventually. Susie fans - fear not.)
Some of you loved 3 Cheers (as did we), but as we said in more than one interview - it did not represent a new direction for the band. This current project will be proof of that. Fans of Chronometree and Lex Rex will be pleased with this one I'm thinking :)
More news to come...
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Fri May 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Excellent news!

I'm still spinning 3 Cheers on a regular basis though - no complaints here!

(can you spin an MP3 file?) :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

asbury

Post by asbury » Fri May 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Great news. Looking forward to the new album. I've learned to expect something different on each GH outing, but it's always different in a good way.

(The two-year-old is rocking out to the Middle Earth Album right this minute ... she always asks for the "here we go" song and cheers whenever the crowd does :D )

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri May 28, 2010 7:44 pm

asbury wrote:Great news. Looking forward to the new album. I've learned to expect something different on each GH outing, but it's always different in a good way.

(The two-year-old is rocking out to the Middle Earth Album right this minute ... she always asks for the "here we go" song and cheers whenever the crowd does :D )
That's great! I think their may be another Middle Earth album in our future. One song was written and completed over a year ago :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Fri May 28, 2010 8:11 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
asbury wrote:Great news. Looking forward to the new album. I've learned to expect something different on each GH outing, but it's always different in a good way.

That's great! I think their may be another Middle Earth album in our future. One song was written and completed over a year ago :)
My head will explode if any news like that continue to be posted!

I look forward to this album like I never did before!!!!

And I know nothing but that I will surely not be disapointed indeed!

{ not putting any pression here guys... }
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat May 29, 2010 11:16 pm

oh, wow! AWESOME! =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:45 am

excellent. that's great news guys!
If left is wrong I don't wanna be right...

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Re:

Post by Japes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:49 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:

That would make my day, nay, my world!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.