Introduce yourself!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

chareaves

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by chareaves » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi all

I only found glass hammer about a month ago. The last month i have annoyed my family by continuously having glass hammer on. I don't care. They can deal with it. It used to be porcupine tree going all the time, before that genesis.

I made another post about chronometree which is what started it off.

I think the musicianship of glass hammer is absolutely astounding. I've played piano for years so I really appreciate it. I'm pretty annoyed I've only heard about gh recently. What a waste of so many years!!

Thanks Steve and Fred for making all this music. I feel strange talking to the band members as though I know you remotely.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 am

chareaves wrote:Hi all

I only found glass hammer about a month ago. The last month i have annoyed my family by continuously having glass hammer on. I don't care. They can deal with it. It used to be porcupine tree going all the time, before that genesis.

I made another post about chronometree which is what started it off.

I think the musicianship of glass hammer is absolutely astounding. I've played piano for years so I really appreciate it. I'm pretty annoyed I've only heard about gh recently. What a waste of so many years!!

Thanks Steve and Fred for making all this music. I feel strange talking to the band members as though I know you remotely.

Glad you discovered Glass Hammer! Welcome aboard. Be sure to drop by and join our facebook page too.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

chareaves

Post by chareaves » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Glad you discovered Glass Hammer! Welcome aboard. Be sure to drop by and join our facebook page too.
Steve
Thanks Steve!

I'll be declining the facebook thing though as I hate facebook. The whole concept. I also don't have a mobile phone. Now that's just put me into the weirdo category :lol:

By the way, it seems impossible to buy the inconsolable secret. Is your store *really* out, or did you just not want to sell the album anymore? I was about to make an order but because of the shipping I want to get as many as I can in one hit.

SpriteBat

Post by SpriteBat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:33 pm

chareaves wrote:By the way, it seems impossible to buy the inconsolable secret. Is your store *really* out, or did you just not want to sell the album anymore? I was about to make an order but because of the shipping I want to get as many as I can in one hit.
I'll answer that, if you don't mind. Yes, they are really out, but word on the street is that they will be re-releasing it some time around spring of 2013, and there might be some new bonus stuff to go with it. :D

About a year ago, I obsessed over locating a copy of this album, and eventually, it paid off. I found it on the website of a record store right here in Arizona, and I bought the very last one, possibly in the world. :lol: Unless it ever shows up on ebay, I don't think there's any way to buy the original version. You'll just have to wait a few months for the re-release, but trust me, it will be worth it. In the meantime, I highly recommend Shadowlands. The music is fairly similar to Lex Rex, but with a bigger, more polished sound...in my opinion. Culture of Ascent is great as well, though noticeably heavier overall. Oh, and The Compilations features the epic "In the Court of Alkinoos", one of my favorite GH songs ever!
chareaves wrote:...I hate facebook. The whole concept.
Me too!

chareaves

Post by chareaves » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:38 am

Yes, they are really out, but word on the street is that they will be re-releasing it some time around spring of 2013
Which street? I want to go there!

So why is it so out of stock everywhere? Is it just an amazing album? Did they not print enough copies?

And Fred or Steve, honestly, you must have a few spare copies under the lounge couch or something...How about sending one my way? I won't let anyone else know 8)

And while I'm discussing future purchases with you, please, can you make Chronomotwo and Chronomothree? Albums like this are so rare. The music. The concepts. Come on...you know you guys want to!